Yes, there is a reason I had my children when I was twenty five years old!! My word! It is amazing how a 14 month old makes one feel their age - and THEN some!! We did have a wonderful time at the pool this weekend! The weather could have been a little better - but other than that, it was terrific! We made many, many trips between the pool and the hot tub - back to the pool - back to the hot tub...over to the water spilling mushroom - back to the hot tub - back to the pool - You get the picture! It is amazing that I don't currently weigh 129lbs! I feel like I worked off every last ounce of fat in this arthritic, old body! The bod's really not THAT old, it just feels like it right now!So this is the first trip that Hannibal has taken with the family.. He travelled well, didn't eat much, didn't complain too much and pretty much knew his place.. We had our Grand-Angel in his pack 'n play (travelling crib thingy) in our room, and I was a little nervous about how he would react to seeing his Grammy looking like the proverbial "monster under the bed" as the first thing he sees when he wakes up - talk about sending the kid into therapy at a tender age!! Well, he didn't wake up screaming - was even a bit curious - and he even seemed to enjoy playing with the "elephant nose" when the Hubs brought him into our bed after he woke up! He made me laugh when he put his face next to mine and made a blowing noise onto Hannibal... phooooohhhh, phoooohhhhh (getting baby slobber all over the outside of the mask)! Ahhhh kids.. Gotta love 'em! Their resiliency astounds me. They seem to know how make the best out of every situation.. I should take a lesson from his handbook...
Well, we're home and we're pretty much exhausted! It's a good kind of tired, though.. We still have our Grand-Angel for the night, but we've got to give him back tomorrow.. "Can I keep him?? Can I?? Huh?? Huh??" probably wouldn't work! Just as it didn't work for the boys when they brought home every mangy, flea bitten, homeless, pathetic creature that wandered through the neighborhood. Dogs, cats, baby rabbits, fish, and even a squirrel... Well, they'll get theirs when our Grand-Angel gets older - of that I am sure! Revenge is sooo sweet!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!!
Until next time!!


0 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!