TGIF!

Thank God it's Friday!!  You know what that means don't ya??  Tomorrow is the opener of College Football!!  Yeah!!  We've got the tailgating gear all packed and ready to go, the cowbells, the greenie towels, and the horn blowers!  I have my green and white shirt pressed and ready to go!  No, my nails aren't done in green and white - yet!  That's for the playoffs if we get there! The Hubs has the sausages to grill and the the grill and tent are packed up!  Everything on my check list has been checked off - all we need now is a football game!! 

We will be travelling tomorrow to a school outside of Cleveland - it is promising to be a nice day and I am anxious to get out there!  Our "Baby" is starting and I am sooo excited about that!!  His coach told us he had a great camp and is ready to assume a leadership role on the team!  Let's go Lakers!!

Our friend J came home from his two week vacation to visit friends and family in Phoenix.  It sounds like he had a terrific time and is well rested, rejuvenated and ready to go!  We had a lovely dinner prepared by the Hubs (Italian, with fresh veggies and herbs from our garden!), and enjoyed all the stories that J had to tell!  Well...  other than the story of it being 106 degrees, that is!  He brought home some lovely things for us and we just had a nice evening at home together - can't beat that!

We talked more about Vegas, and I am getting a little more excited about it!  The Hubs didn't mind at all, and even laughed when I told him there were parts of this trip I was dreading and that I wished to avoid the "wife thing" at all cost!  He said he didn't blame me - he would do the same!  "You wouldn't catch ME spending my vacation with some of those cats" - his words!  In fact, J told me to "Run away!!  Run far, far, away!!" 

So for now the plan is to lay low during what I call the "all skate" periods (time when everyone is together), and to have those phone calls lined up if I need them!!  What are friends for, right???

Well, I'd better be getting cozy with Hannibal - He's waiting.......................

Until next time!!

1 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Amanda said...

I need it too believe me! (return comment from your comment on my page) I suppose we will learn to make this band work for us! Just a little daunting thinking about it! Girl after my own heart with entertaining and martinis! :)

Glad you are more excited about Vegas! I'd love to go to just see the lights and people watch!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!