"HOOPS" It's not a game, but an adventure!

OK folks!  "Hoops" is no longer a term for earrings!  The new definition of "Hoops" is:
 
HOOPS (n), 1)  Rite of Passage. 
 2)  Basic training.  3)  Rite of initiation.

My "hoops" extravaganza officially begins tomorrow!!  I have an appointment with my PCP, and called the Bariatric Center to check available dates for an initial visit.  Hopefully we'll get this show on the road!  I am getting anxious to start this journey.  Hopefully tomorrow will be the kick start of it all!  The PCP visit tomorrow will be my "introductory" visit to begin my "Physician Supervised Weight Loss" Hoop.  I also need to check in about my pulse oximeter.  Then, there are several openings throughout September to schedule an initial visit with the surgeon.  I just need to check with "my people" to see which date would be suitable.  "My people" is actually the Hubs - but I've always wanted to use that in conversation!

So today was a golf slipper day!  Some have pink fuzzy slippers, I have golf slippers!  I didn't do much other than catch up on some office work, made a few phone calls, puddled around the house, and made a lovely dinner for me 'n the Hubs.  I like those kind of days..  Days when I can just do what I want to do when I want to do it.  Not that I didn't have anything that needed to be done - there is ALWAYS something that needs to be done, picked up, dropped off, cleaned up, put away, folded, washed, pressed - you get the picture!  But, I decided that those things can be done tomorrow!  Today was the day for just piddling around!  And I'm the best piddler on the planet!!

After my phone calls to the Bariatric Surgeon and the PCP I began thinking about the term "hoops" - and how close it is to the word "hope".  I do have hope.  Hope that this decision will lead me down the path that I desperately need to take to be healthier and happier for all those I love.  Hope that I am doing the right thing, that this is the right decision.  Hope that this is the road that God is leading me.  Hope that this is the beginning of a bright future - the beginning of the rest of my life...

Hope....  it's a really good word.

Until next time!

2 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Lap Band Groupie said...

Very introspective!...love the 'hoops/hope'! I'm hoping you've got the 'monthly form' for the PCP to fill out tomorrow with all the right stuff on it, including an exercise plan (don't forget to ask for a copy of it each month as they fill it out and sign it). You're on your way! :-)

~Lisa~ said...

Yup! I did give them the form to fill out!! Thank you for reminding me to get a copy from them! I would say that this ship has begun to set sail...

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!