I Will Survive!

Gloria Gaynor here I come!  I've been humming that song since I woke up!  I did have a very good night's sleep last night - with the exception of the two times the mask slipped off my face and hurricane force winds blew into my ear and onto my eye!  That's a bit unnerving...  But, I did survive, and life goes on..  The Hubs said I probably had the first good night's sleep I've had in years..  I'm not so sure about that, but I do feel rested today - and have a bit more energy.  The Soap Opera continues though..  The jury is still out as to whether or not Hannibal and I have real chemistry, or if this is a one night stand - a fling.  Will this relationship become long term?  Without a doubt it is  "An Affair To Remember".. (insert organ music here..)  Hannibal  hasn't caught on yet that I am simply using him.  Using him for all he's worth - to get what I REALLY want!  We will be going on another date tonite..

This evening I will be travelling back to Erie to attend my first Nutritional Support Group Meeting.  It is the first of three that I am required to attend.  If it is anything at all like the Seminar I attended last week, it should be interesting and I am looking forward to attending!  I haven't received my Lap Band Binder in the mail yet - it should be coming any day now. 

I've been pondering this whole Lap Band journey, and where I am on the road to better health.  I read all the articles and forums that I can find and "talk" with folks who are on various stages of their journeys.  I find that I am picking up better life habits just by reading and talking with other "Bandsters".  That is a wonderful thing!  But more importantly, I have found friendship, support and people who understand what this journey is all about.  This journey isn't a "vanity" thing - as it is perceived by some who don't fully understand the road we are all on - it is something more...  It is a LIFE thing.  Life is so precious - a gift.  I see people who want to cherish that gift so that they can fully and without reserve give it to others..  for a very long time.

Until next time!

1 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Lap Band Groupie said...

I'm glad you and Hannibal are getting along LOL. I've given you a Blog award...see tomorrow's (8/12) Blog to pick it up!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!