A Day for Thinking and Contemplation...

Welp!  Tomorrow is the "Big Day"!  I attend my first Lap Band seminar at Hamot Hospital in Erie!  I am not sure what to expect, and of course my head has gone blank of all the questions I thought would be important to ask.  I said in an earlier entry that I always have my trust pad and pen - do you think I use it??  I should have written the questions down as I thought of them!   If you think of anything, let me know....   I think I'm going to sit down with a cuppa joe and really think of what I need to learn, to ask, and to do - and pray on it..  It's a dreary day around here, so that may be a good way to spend a rainy afternoon.
I haven't heard anything from Kelly yet - and I really don't expect to - not yet, anyway.  But I am praying that all went well for her today and that she is up and about soon!

From the Benedictine Monastery
I'm having dinner tonight with our dear friend, "J".  We recently lost a mutual friend in a very bad car accident, so it is good to be together at a time like this.  The accident has made national news and it seems so very unreal almost surreal .  A young man who was reportedly due for a deportation hearing because of prior drunk driving charges hit a car carrying 3 Sisters returning home from a retreat.  The Sister that passed away in that accident was our friend..  The whole thing is so very sad, and so very tragic.  I last saw my friend about a year ago while on retreat at the Benedictine Monastery where she lived.  I've spent the last two days just going through my photos and reliving the beauty, the peace and the complete joy of that place.  Seeing the Sisters who lived there and who welcomed me with open arms brings that whole weekend back into my heart. 

Me, Sr. I, and Sr. Denise

Eternal rest be granted to you, Sr. Denise..  I will miss you

...Until next time

0 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!