You wouldn't believe what happened to me. Talk about a hellish Friday the 13th. Oh, my heavens, where do I begin.. Well, I said that the day started with my computer crashing, then the respiratory folks who brought my CRAP to the house said that Aetna is requiring me to sleep on Sunday night with a Pulse Oximeter. I hoped that the day would get better - but, unfortunately, it worsened.........
I left my house about 2:15 to get the things that I needed for J's birthday gathering we were hosting later that night. I didn't have my car, but had Hub's car while he was driving mine to his conference. Well, I had gotten about a mile up my road, saw a deer, ended up in a culvert, hit a HUGE rock which threw me and the car into the woods across the other side of the road.. It was awful.. I hit a tree, more boulders - just awful. And, what made it even awful-er was the fact that is was Hubs's car - not mine, but HIS.... A neighbor drove me home and I just cried.. cried and cried.. I really didn't know what to do! My car was a mile up the road back into the woods! So, I did what any distraught woman would do, I called my best friend - after I called the Hubs, of course. He was still in his conference so I couldn't reach him. My friend came to the house, we drove up and emptied the car out then drove home.. Hubs finally called back and I broke the news to him.. He was so wonderful.. He called the insurance company, the tow truck, and just calmly handled everything - I was a basket case!
When the tow truck arrived, he needed to call the State Police because the car was so far into the woods. So, we had to wait for the police to arrive, told them the story, waited for them to fill out a police report and only then - 2 hours after the tow truck arrived - did they do their "retrieval" of my vehicle out of the woods... It was so painful to watch.. I do have to say though, the evening turned out to be better than the day. We still ended up having J's dinner - and the Hubs made me a double martini, AND I had a half bottle of wine with dinner! I didn't feel any pain when Hannible and I snuggled up for the night!!
BUT.. today I felt as though I was hit by a bus.. I am a bit bruised and sore - especially where the seat belt dug into my chest.. We went to a "Hog Fest" today, and I did everything I could to be comfortable.. We did go to the garage earlier to see his car and get a few things that I forgot to get.
Soooooo, that was MY Friday the 13th.. I pray that YOURS was better!! Oh, and if any of you are deer hunters?? Kelly - I'm talking to you here... You'd better shoot the son of a bitch who ran me into the woods!!
Until next time!
Not sure where to start since I haven’t checked in for a minute. Things
have been pretty busy and just keeping up with life seems like too much
somedays...
2 weeks ago


2 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
WOW!!! I'm so glad you're alright! What a story!
So sorry for your awful day. So glad you were able to put a positive spin on it. Chin up!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!