And Awayyyy We Go!

Isn't that what Jackie Gleason used to say??  I'm dating myself, aren't I...  I loved the old Honeymooners episodes!  "One of these days, Alice!  One of these days!"

So, today's the day I go to my seminar.  I was talking with Hubs last night (He's not able to make the trip with me this time), and would you believe, I asked him what I should WEAR to this thing!!  We were laughing because I was obsessing about covering EVERY base and detail for today - even down to what I'm wearing!  Please don't ask me what I am wearing though - I still don't know, it's not written in my trusty notebook! 

My oldest Son has a second interview today for a job he really would like to have.  Please say a prayer for him that all goes well - thank you!!

So far I haven't heard anything from my friend Kelly.  I am wondering if she spent the night in the hospital - and quite frankly, after major surgery, I wouldn't be talking to many folks either!  But, my prayers are still going out for her speedy recovery, and I'm impatiently waiting to hear all about it!  Patience was never one of my "virtues"!

Dinner last night was good - very good.  We remembered our friend, laughed, cried, shared memories, told stories, and just enjoyed each other's company.  I think Sr. Denise would have loved it - and I am sure she did! 

As I sit here with a bazillion questions for today's seminar, and about Lap Band, and about this whole journey, I am reminded about what last night's dinner was all about - not food, but friendship.  I can tell you what we ate, but it was not the eating that was important.  I don't want that to change..  Will it change?  Will the food become "important" to me? 

I was thinking...  Yes, that happens occasionally, "thinking" - I was thinking about what has been happening in my life, my journey, my family, Sr Denise..  One of Sr. Denise's greatest achievements in her incredible life was the missionary work she founded.  She, along with our friend J, and other Sisters I've come to love in friendship, founded missions in Ethiopia, Tanzania, and Mexico.  Denise lived with and cared for people who had very little or no food at all.  No medicine, no clothing, no homes..  She often spoke about "water".  How easy it is for us to give it such little thought because God has gifted us with water in such great abundance. In Tanzania, villagers must travel for miles to get fresh water.  And even then the water is usually contaminated, and barely drinkable - even after boiling.  I have decided to make Denise my Patroness in this journey I am about to take beginning today.  I believe that with her prayers and help, she will keep me grounded throughout this whole process - keep me focused on what is truly important to me in this journey.  It's not about "me" - but those whom I love.....

Until next time!!

0 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!