Our guys lost today.. Oh Mercy what a miserable day it was today. The weather was awful - rainy, cold and foggy. And the game... Oh, the game.. (shaking my head in utter and complete disbelief). We were winning the entire game - the ENTIRE GAME - and lost it in the final minute of the game... We couldn't recover and it was over, time ran out. My heart broke for those guys, but that's football. This backyard brawl is soo physical and so intense. Oh well, we play them at home next year........For awhile there I thought at least I could raise my arms in some sort of victory sign today with the Ryder Cup being played in Wales. USA is winning 6 -4, but are at present losing in ALL six matches that are still being played, yup - all six... (OK, Alison - no giggling from across the pond!!) The matches were called for the day due to darkness and will finish being played tomorrow.. Siggggggggghhhhhhh... We can hope for the Steelers tomorrow, can't we??????? Please???
We enjoyed spending time with friends though. Dinner tonight was at the Hibachi Steak House after the game. We were going to go back to the Peak afterwards to watch a replay of the Ryder Cup but figured we needed to drown our sorrows in something alcoholic instead. Martinis with a plum wine chaser (after dinner) does wonders for a losing kind of day....
The Hubs and a few friends will be at the Steelers game tomorrow! It should have a good time. It's going to be another day like today, so I just may have to light a fire and watch the game on television. Believe me, I have no desire whatsoever to sit in the cold and rain like I did today! Unless there is someone on that field who comes directly from my gene pool, I will not sit out in the rain to watch a football game!!! I just realized something.... I've been watching football in crappy weather for thirteen years... No WONDER I have a flat butt!! I have BLEACHER BUTT!!
Welp! With that thought, I'm going to go drag my old bleacher butt off to bed.. G'nite!!
Until next time!!


1 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Lol...bleacher butt. Sorry about the game and especially about the yucky weather along with it. Booooooo.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!