![]() |
| Our closet Neighbor |
Our friend J is coming for dinner tonight and we're having some good old fashioned pierogi's we found at a Polish Festival recently. They're yummo!! The kind the little old Polish ladies - Babcia's (Polish for "Grandmother") would make at the Church I grea up in - finger prints and all! That brings back wonderful memories and I am anxious to have the house smelling like pierogi's and onions.. I've made them from scratch a few times with friends - my Grandmother's recipe. It's a job! My friend Pat comes by a couple times a year and we make pierogi's, pasta and ravioli.. The wine flows pretty freely while we're at it, too! We're due for a "cook-fest"...
What another glorious day!! The temps are still in the low 40's, the sun is shining and there's not a cloud in the sky!! Speaking of photos - I was reading Amanda's blog yesterday while at the salon and she has uploaded her photos from their trip to NY!! The pics are absolutely terrific - I especially loved reading her "Thousand Word Thursday"..
I catch up on my blog reading whenever I can..
![]() |
| On the way to the Salon |
And, by the way - Thank You, Amanda for my Martini in NY!! I loved it!!
I wish I could join you and your friend for martinis - we'd have a blast!!
So... we're getting ready for our talk with the Pre-Cana group this weekend, and I am stressing - no, not about our topic which is "Finances" - we've got that one in the bag.. I'm stressing on - what to wear! What does one wear to something like this?? I guess slacks and a nice top.. Probably not much more dressy than that, I suppose.. We'll see..
Update on our littlest one, Jamie.. He's doing really well, trying to move around, and he is still in Intensive Care. Thank you for your thoughts, warm wishes and your prayers! He's hangin' in there strong!
I think I'm going to do some work outside today.. I've been wanting to cut my herbs to begin drying them before we have a freeze - we've gotten a little too close these past few nights, so today is probably a good day to do that. I need to get out to the State Store (liquor store here in PA) today, too. I had a drink last night that was to die for - and I want to make them again tonight!! The drink was called a "Candy Apple" and was made with Grenadine, Red Apple Pucker, Hot Apple Cider and a pinch of Cinnamon (or a stick). Oh mercy, it tastes like you're drinking a warm candy apple!! It has cider in it - so it's nutritional~~~
Our friend J is coming for dinner tonight and we're having some good old fashioned pierogi's we found at a Polish Festival recently. They're yummo!! The kind the little old Polish ladies - Babcia's (Polish for "Grandmother") would make at the Church I grea up in - finger prints and all! That brings back wonderful memories and I am anxious to have the house smelling like pierogi's and onions.. I've made them from scratch a few times with friends - my Grandmother's recipe. It's a job! My friend Pat comes by a couple times a year and we make pierogi's, pasta and ravioli.. The wine flows pretty freely while we're at it, too! We're due for a "cook-fest"...I think I'm going to give her a call...
Have a wonderful Friday!!
Until next time!





0 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!