...Just A Regular Old Tuesday

Well, not much has been happening around here.  Not much at all.  We've had our GrandAngel since Sunday and enjoying every tiring second of it!  I sleep well when he's here..  We ALL sleep well when he's here!  He is just a bundle of giggles and energy and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I've read a few posts and comments from friends on other blogs and some thoughts these days seem to be on the coming of Christmas.  O Mercy! I can honestly say I haven't given Christmas much, if any, thought yet.  I am still trying to grasp the fact that Halloween is just in a few weeks!!  But I know that once Halloween get here, the rest of the holidays just seem to whiz on by - so I guess I should start thinking and planning.  Thanks Alison and Amanda, for making my "to-do" list about five pages longer!!

Nothing's been happening in the weight loss arena either.  Nothing.  Nada.  I'm waiting for a "packet" from the Bariatric Center which hasn't come yet.  Now I know how Charlie Brown feels when he looks into the mail box for a Valentine - just ONE Valentine...  I have my appointment set up with a new Rheumatologist, and that's about it.  I think that now that I am an "official" patient of the Bariatric Center, I will go to the Support Group Meeting next Wednesday.  Hopefully by then my "packet" will have come.  I feel as though I am in a holding pattern just waiting for my flight to take off - but fog keeps rolling in...  I've been using this time to re-learn how to chew and to eat slower.  I'm not always successful, but I guess that's what this time is for.

Oh, and one more thing... please keep our cousin and her family in your prayers.  She and her husband had a little boy last week who was born with a heart defect.  The little one had open heart surgery and is in the intensive care unit at the Children's Hospital.  He's doing well and is a fighting, tough little guy - so far, so good.  Thank you for your prayers...

Until next time!

2 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Amanda said...

prayers are sent!

I promise I will post pictures soon. INSANE here at the moment and my camera is not in the right place when I need it.

No kidding about Christmas. I am going to buy new dining room chairs and a frame for our bed tomorrow. That is my Christmas. Chris is going to England for 2 weeks through Christmas Eve and New Years so I am going to celebrate now!

But everyone else!! Who knows.

My sleep study is tomorrow night! I do not want a Hannibal. I'll be writing soon!

Alison said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Sorry for mentioning Christmas! It's just hit me and sent me in to a bit of a panic! scary how quickly this year is going.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!