
I double dare you to get that dern song out of your head now!! Hahaha - I've been singing that damned song since my new Rheumatologist ordered more blood work and x-rays! He scrapped the old meds I was taking and gave me a pharmacy of new ones to take.. I'm going to start rattling when I walk, if this keeps up...

Last Friday, I told you that I had eleven vials of blood taken for the Bariatric doc - today I had seven... If they wanted me to donate a pint of blood all they would have had to do was ask!! Now I need to have x-rays. The Bariatric doc odered a front and back chest x-ray, the Rheumatologist ordered my hands, feet, hips, back, neck and shoulders.. Soo.. "Head and shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes...." Early next month is the upper GI, and and EKG.. Is there any part of this body of mine that hasn't been poked, prodded, zapped with nuclear material or extracted lately?? I don't think so.. Uhm.... maybe my TEETH! No one has poked around there lately - but be quiet about that one though - don't need to add a dental appointment into the mix anytime soon!! Hubs says that if I were a horse, he'd have to shoot me! Nothing like a little familial support to help me through this!

So, those are more hoops that have been officially jumped through. Next Tuesday I am scheduled to meet with the Nutritional Specialist - and will probably have my x-rays and EKG done while I'm up there. I think the hardest part about all this is keeping it all straight - what tests go to whom, when I should have them, where I should have them, and keeping my fingers crossed that the right test ends up with the right doc! I can't imagine my Rheumatologist would have much use for chest x-rays and breath test results for H. pylori. I think that would be an excellent service to offer - a
medical concierge! One who keeps all this straight and tells me where I need to be and when! I think I just invented something......
That's been keeping me busy and out of trouble these past few days. We have our Baby's football game this weekend - but I think this weekend is the weekend that our luck runs out. We're playing the team that has won the PSAC Championship every year our Baby has been in College - they usually go to the National finals. But, either way, I'll be there with my cowbell and my pom, wearing my green and white and rooting the team on - should be fun! - there's always the tailgate to look forward to, and I always love seeing our Baby!

Food intake has been decent these past few days.. I've been working really hard to chew more, to eat slower, and trying to keep an eye on what exactly goes into my mouth. I've been sticking to normal portions of chicken and fish - Hubs makes the most incredible tilapia (with pine nuts, tomatoes and roasted onion) - we had some tonight! I will admit to a slight set back today though. I was having my prescriptions filled and I found a box of Jujubes by the register.. Oh Heavens!! I
love, love, love those!! So, I ate the box while driving home... It's a twenty five mile drive home from the pharmacy - I needed sustenance... I did buy the small box though and enjoyed every last little "be".. What a treat!
I wish you all a terrific weekend! Enjoy it, and smile - at the very least you won't be looking like you have gas!
Until next time!!
1 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Ohhhh so that is what I have to look forward to...an Upper GI! YAY! Poor girl! That is a lot of blood to let go in one sitting! Medical Concierge! lol. I could be good at this job I think!! Hope you enjoyed the football game! I certainly enjoyed mine. Will blog later!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!