I forgot to mention that with all the things we jammed into the past weekend, I finally had my lab work done - eleven vials in all, and my breath test for H. pylori (Heliobactor pylori - the bacteria that could be responsible for some stomach ulcers and inflammation) - no wonder I was so tired after the weekend!! So, I can cross two more "hoops" from my list for possible bariatric surgery. I figured that I didn't have enough to do, let's just add a twelve hour fast and early lab work to the mix, too!
Today was quiet around here.. Spent the morning and afternoon enjoying my GrandAngel! We did the usual things.. Cuddled under Grammy's big comfy blanket before we both had to get up and get moving this morning, watched Yo Gabba Gabba, read books, "cooked" and walked all through the house naming things - THAT is a terrific way to spend a rainy Monday! Afterward, I worked on the website, did some Parish work, and cleaned the office.. It needed it. I think our cat took over this space and made it "his"... Nothing terrible mind you, he just leaves things here - and is shedding... Need I say more?? The dogs are shedding too and find it necessary to leave things in the office as well.. Toys, bones, dish towels... Sometimes I wonder if this place is a working office or a kennel for wayward animals.. They look at me as though I'm the one invading their space!
I also did a little more autumn decorating. I bought a few things at the farm yesterday that I used around the house - so we're all "fall-ed out" I remember the year I brought in the most beautiful leaves that fell from the trees outside - baskets of them - and used them to decorate throughout the house... Don't ever do that. Bad idea..
Tonight was pizza nite with the Hubs. It's our usual Monday dinner, and he makes the best pizza! I went to Scripture Study and he went shopping for the alb that he needs for "ordination reserves" next month. He is scheduled to be an Acolyte at Mass and needs to have the appropriate "duds".. Yup, he went shopping "unsupervised".. He thankfully didn't come home with anything, but paid a visit to a local professional seamstress who was recommended to us. She creates these albs for Pastors and Deacons in our area - I think he's going with her. I say "unsupervised" because he's a shopper. I can't tell you how many times he's gone to the grocery store, to the hardware store, or just to Wal-Mart and brought home just about everything BUT what he went there in the first place for! Example.. He went to Trader Horn (hardware type store) to get door knobs and locks for the french doors we had replaced - came home with a "really great" deep fryer! "This will be great for wings!" One of these days I'll tell you about the tractor we had.. Not a lawn mower but a full blown, heavy duty, honest to Pete - tractor! I could write a book.....
As I said, it was a quiet day around here today. Quiet is good, especially after a busy weekend. A day like today is just what the Dr ordered to reboot the system. Sometimes I just need a day to do nothing that requires deep thought, and that day was today..
Until next time!




0 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!