"Here Lies My Bones..."

I'm exhausted, but what a terrific weekend it was!!  We spent most of the weekend at "Ordination Reserves" and it was absolutely wonderful!!  I never thought I would enjoy a three hour lecture on Hebrew Scripture - but I DO!!  The meals aren't bad either - all home made, healthy food - and the filthy martinis afterward are even better (sorry Amanda)!  It has become a good time for me and the Hubs to relax together, kick up our feet, and discuss everything all we've done through the day..  It's becoming our "thing"..  Our classes usually run Friday evenings from 7-10pm, and Saturdays from 7am to 5pm. 

I have a confession to make though.. I "skipped" a few classes this weekend to watch our Baby's football game against Edinboro U!  Two weekends into the program and I'm already a delinquent!  I did have a good reason..  Honestly, I did!!    Between me and you though, I'm just TOO DAMN OLD for that kind of suspense in a football game - and what seemed like an agonizingly LONG game became way too suspenseful!!  We were losing 14-7 throughout the entire game.  We scored first, Edinboro came right back and scored, and then scored again.  This all happened in the beginning of the first quarter.  After that, for pretty much almost the rest of the game, it stayed that way, yawn... 14 - 7, Edinboro.. 43 seconds left in the fourth quarter and we drive the ball down field and score - tied up!!!  Wowow!!  We're ringing our cowbells, waving our poms - screaming our voices dry!  We later missed a long field goal with 9 seconds left and went into overtime..  In college football each team has a chance to score from the twenty five yard line - or maybe thirty five, I don't know..  I was too busy texting everyone I know... Edinboro won the coin toss, and scored in their first overtime drive.  The score is now 21-14.  We now have to match it and score on our overtime drive, or the game's over.  We managed to squeeze in the TD, and lined up for the extra point..  Edinboro went way offsides (flags flying everywhere), so now that places our ball on the one and a half yard line.  Get this..  Coach decides to "go for two" - rather than kick the extra point for the tie.  Balsy move, if I say so myself - "Man up or go home!"  Isn't that what they say??  If they make the two point conversion, the Lakers win - if they don't, the Lakers lose - simple as that!  I won't say that I didn't whisper a few prayers under my Mom breath before taking up my cowbell and rooting for the guys..  The ball is snapped, my "Baby" pulls to the right, the QB runs right behind him and passes the ball into the waiting arms of a green and white jersey!!!  Oh MERCY - WE WON - 22-21!!  It was yet another game that the pundits collectively wrote the Lakers off - what do they know??  And yes, I AM too DAMN OLD for this!!!

After the game, I picked up my GrandAngel and met the Hubs back at home to enjoy a good old fashioned autumn weekend.  The weather was just glorious today!  Blue skies, orange and red trees...  After Church today, we went to a local pumpkin farm.  They had the entire farm set up for children - and for us "more experienced" children, too!  We explored the corn maze, played in the piles of leaves, we spent time in the corn box (a sand box filled with corn kernels and toys), and picked out a HUGE pumpkin from the patch!!  We enjoyed some apple cider and some pumpkin cookies (Sorry Amanda, they weren't vegan either - they're the good old fashioned FAT kind!) before heading back home to carve pumpkinzilla. 

Kelly, take note of the shirt we dressed our GrandAngel in - just sayin'.....

We later had a dinner with friends that I set up earlier in the crock pot, then after dinner, warm "Candy Apples" (apple cider, grenadine and apple pucker)..  Just love those "Candy Apples"!

While we were at the pumpkin farm earlier, there was a tombstone that read "Here Lies My Bones"..  Soooooo, with that thought in mind, I think I'm going to take my tired old bones either to a spa or to my bed...  Bed's closer...

Until next time!


1 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Amanda said...

You are just as busy as I am!! I just got back from three appointments. Blog to follow sometime. YUCKY day. Now I am at the shop waiting for our accountant to do some paperwork for the business. I honestly think I might melt. It has been such a bad day. Congrats on the win!! Our team lost on Saturday!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!