How To Rain On A Homecoming Parade!


Our Baby!

Wadda, wadda weekend!! The game on Saturday was absolutely thrilling!!  I really didn't write much about this particular game because, between me and you, we were expecting the outcome to be a good old fashioned ass whoopin'..  It was supposed to be a thumping, it said so in all the papers - we were the ultimate underdogs, and I (we ALL) believed that we were going to have our hats handed to us - and not on a silver platter either.  It was a long (but lovely) ride to Indiana, Pa - and a quiet ride..  Almost as though the Hubs and I were inching closer to the guillotine..  I just kept thinking, "you're going to support the team, your 'baby'.."  It was my mantra during the two and a half hour ride.  We arrived at the stadium, and what greeted us there was absolutely disappointing.  The "fans" - students and parents, also believed we were going to get thumped too - and didn't hesitate in letting US know as well!  We brought our cow bells, poms and paraphernalia - and were laughed at, mocked, and sworn at...  Can you believe it??  I am a Mother (and a proud one, too!) - but not in that context!  It was shameful and most disappointing, but we as parents, friends, and fans, persevered.  Know that there are letters from many of us that will be sent to the President of the University, the Athletic Director, and to the PSAC.. 

The Knucklehead Brigade
BUT   There is justice in this world, and I witnessed it on Saturday.  Picture it...  fourth quarter, we're down by three points.  Two minutes left to play.  At this point we're stunned that we're even in this game - and if the fool behind me said ONE more word about my (*&^%#$ - ing - his word, not mine) cowbell, he was going to need it surgically removed from his SPLEEN!  Anyway, two minutes left on the clock - IUP goes for the long pass, completed - they failed to get the touchdown, but got the field goal.  We're down by six..  "Oh well, we were in it at least - that in itself was a victory",  One minute twelve seconds - no time outs...  We get a decent run back on the kick..  Pass, first down, Pass again, first down - LONG pass, on their twenty..  "Oh this can be good...  nahhhh...", pass again - missed, clock stops.  Pass again, on the seven yard line...  twenty three seconds...  Hike the ball, quarterback runs to one side, no one is open, runs to the other side, no one is open - runs right down the middle - TOUCHDOWN!!!!  Oh MERCY!!  I rang my bell so loud - and pointed to all those who swore at us, mocked us, laughed at us..  Did my "Mercy Shuffle" while pointing to EVERYONE in a "crimson" (pink) shirt!!!  We get the extra point, and win - 28-27!!!  What a game!  After the game, several players from IUP refused to shake the hands of our players, walking through the line with their arms folded - nice..

Losing in the last few seconds of the game couldn't have happened to a nicer College Football Team**...............................


So today, still feeling pumped about Saturday's game, the Hubs and I were the guest speakers at the Pre-Cana class that I told you about a couple of days ago.  It went really well, and we were able to keep them interested enough in "finances" to go over our alotted time with all the questions..  I just hope we were able to help them, and give them something to think about as they begin their journeys into life together.  I enjoyed the experience, and hope that we will be asked to do it again soon!  The luncheon was fantastic, too!

We did manage to get out and golf nine holes today - it was absolutely gorgeous out!  Blue skies, 81 degrees.
The fall folliage on the course..  So beautiful..



Friends came over for dinner, and so did our Grand Angel who is sleeping right now in his little pack and play... A perfect end to a terrific weekend!!

**Editors Note - I too have family members who have attended IUP.  I've even hired a few talented and qualified graduates.  It is a very good school, and very good people attend that University.  I generalized, which I should not have done.  Mea Culpa for the generalization...  Some folks, however, just need to "further" their education on how to behave in public - perhaps a remedial course?? - and that is including a few parents as well.  I am deeply embarrassed for the University by the disgraceful display that many students, parents, players "fans" exhibited, and I am especially embarrassed for the Alumni who were in attendance with their young families, some of whom left before the end of the first quarter.. 
- very poorly done.

Until next time!

4 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Amanda said...

Wow the excitement!! That is the kinda game I could enjoy! I am having a cup of coffee..Trying to make myself get up and get dressed to DRIVE 1.45 hours to get evaluated! I'd rather chat!

Amanda said...

PS your son is a handsome boy!!

Lap Band Groupie said...

What a great looking kid! So glad they won!!!

DD graduated from IUP, and went back for other Homecoming events (she didn't make the game). So disappointing to hear how horrible they acted (especially the players after...their coach should have stepped up about that!).

We were at a Penn State game last year visiting DS1, and of course we were in our OSU gear (we both graduated from OSU). There were some PSU kids at a tailgate next to us (we were with mostly PSU people at our tailgate). They got out of hand and as we sat in our chairs ignoring the rants we felt food being thrown at us (they also stole some OSU flags from a game we brought for the kids to play). Their parents did absolutely nothing. Just know that not everyone at each school is like that, but it does taint your experience (DS1 had left by then, but was really upset when he heard what happened). OSU won...revenge can be sweet LOL...Write those letters!

Amanda said...

Thank you Lisa! Did you see where I mentioned my husband was 6ft 6.5 inches!! There are no sharing baths for us! LOL I think I have decided to no attend the get together. Mainly because I am so tired. I have been on the go and it isn't stoping..My husband will be back packing again and I will have a night to myself. I love socializing and entertaining. But I think I am about to hit my limit so I require some me time! I am really working on not being over dramatic when it comes to the kids thing. I know in some ways they might be a little jealous that we have a carefree-er life. But it still hurts me. Martini's tomorrow. With my friend Kathryn. She's the friend with the brand new baby who was in the hospital. This will be her first mommys afternoon out and she is excited!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!