"Puddling" Around!

"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness never danced in the rain."
 author unknown.  
It has been rainy, cold and foggy here for two days now and shows no sign of letting up, at least in the near future.  But, it actually turned out to be a good day though.  After Church this morning, the Hubs went to the Steelers game and I dedided to spend my day "puddling around" in my kitchen cooking and baking lots of autumn goodies that I haven't had the gumption to do while the weather was too warm..  The windows fogged up a little while the aroma of baked apples and cinnamon filled the house - what a wonderful treat! -  All the Glade Plug-Ins in the world couldn't make my house smell like that!  Later in the afternoon, I started a cozy fire, made myself an extra cuppa Starbucks and began a project I'd been putting off for awhile - organizing my sheet music.  I had sheets and sheets of music splayed all over the living room floor when our GrandAngel came to visit me!  After "redding up" (Pittsburghese) my mess, we spent what was left of the afternoon reading his new books, playing with the cat, and eating all the goodies that were baked earlier..  He "helped" me cook dinner for the Hubs by making sure each one my wooden spoons and measuring cups were spread out evenly all over the kitchen floor, too!  I'll get back to the sheet music another time - it's supposed to be cold and rainy for the next four days.................

Sooo, what began as a rather dismal, damp, bone chilling, awful day, turned into wonderful time spent doing things I love to do - with a little Guy that I love doing them with..  Oh...  Was there a football game on today??

Until next time!

1 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Alison said...

Hello lovely lady, I thought of you when I heard the result this afternoon. Sounds like it was close. I'm sure that the weather helped some of the Europeans!
I didn't like the booing, very unsportmanly

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!