Ok.. The rain was quaint - made everything cozy and smell all Autumn-like, but enough is enough already.. It has been out of control and if I don't see sunshine soon I'm going to turn into a mushroom!!! Speaking of which, there are mushrooms growing in my lawn, and the pond is just about filled to capacity! I thank the person who had the where-with-all to put an overflow drain in the pond as I watch the level reach higher and higher toward the opening of the drain... The pond is very healthy and full of life because it is spring fed and the water is constantly moving. Our well is also spring fed and I am seeing a difference in our water pressure - so I suppose that's one good thing about all this rain..
Yeah, it's quiet around here - I'm talking about our water...
I've taken the morning to put all my "health affairs" in order. Diagnosis, tests, doctors, prescriptions, things that need to be taken care of, insurance, phone calls, yadda, yadda, yadda... I've been putting it aside for way too long because sometimes it just gets a little overwhelming. That, and I'm an "out of sight, out of mind" person. I've put this "out of sight" for too long and it was past time to put it all together - to prioritize it all. It's not that I am a walking subject for the New England Journal of Medicine, but I have enough issues to make everything spin out of control if not taken care of. Sooo I spent my morning doing just that. My head aches now and I wish it were all just - gone. I joked in a previous blog that I wanted to throw my C-PAP CRAP into the pond - I had those same thoughts today while watching the water creep higher and higher toward the drain opening.. CRAP, meds, tests, ALL of it - chuck it ALL into the pond - the whole CRAP 'n Caboodle!! Reality set in and I realized that I couldn't do that to the fishes, besides, I don't need PETA demonstrating on the front lawn... But I can dream, can't I??
This weekend, the Hubs and I have been invited to give a talk to a Pre-Cana group in a neighboring county. We're looking forward to it! We will be discussing "Finances and Marriage" to a group of engaged couples who are preparing for the Sacrament of Marriage in the Catholic Church. I've been doing some research and jotting down ideas that could possibly be instructive to the group. We have an outline and we are expected to use our experience to expand on it. It should be fun and interesting, and we get a nice dinner afterward, too! I've been wracking my brain trying to think back to the Pre-Cana classes we took eons (thirty years!) ago and the "Finances and Marriage" lecture must not have been that inspiring - I don't remember a thing. Gives me something to strive for - at least give them something they'll find useful and memorable.. We'll see....
Welp.. Back to doing laundry.. I'm taking advantage of the increased water pressure..
Until next time!




2 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
I got married 8 years ago and just went to one pre-marriage class, I just remember the 70 ish yr old man talking about sex which was not nice! Don't do that, ok?
Hope that you get everything sorted out.
How is your cousins baby doing? Have been thinking of him.
Ohh okay! I see what you two were talking about now! lol
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!