Eggs and... Wings!

Eggs!  Glorious eggs!  Ohhhhh I had 'em scrambled - that, my friends was my first foray into mushie foods!!  They were heavenly, divine, and absolutely wonderful!!  Me 'n the GrandAngel had a "first breakfast" of sorts of scrambled eggs!  Who-da-thunk I would get this excited over an EGG!  Waddya think we did after eating our eggs??

...And I will eat them in the rain.  And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.  They are so good, so good, you see!

So I will eat them in a box.  And I will eat them with a fox.
And I will eat them in a house.  And I will eat them with a mouse.
And I will eat them here and there.  Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

I have successfully graduated onto mushies..  Tuna salad, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes and yes - eggs!  I am sooo thrilled that I've moved on to bigger and better things, it was time..  My weight loss has pretty much stalled, and quite frankly, the liquids were taking a toll on me.  I guess the stalled weight loss was due to being in a starvation mode, and I was really just tired of being tired all the time!  Honest to Pete, on Monday, I woke up about 8:30am only to take a nap at 10..  how ridiculous is that???  Want to hear something wonderful?  Tonight I had tuna salad - it was yummy!  Hubs had a late night at work and brought wings home for himself.  He usually gets them plain and makes his own hot sauce.  Anyway, without my knowing it, he ground up the meat of one of the wings (and yes, some of the good crusty stuff too) in the food processor and brought it to me to eat while he was eating his wings..  It was absolutely wonderrrrrrful!!!  Shhhhh keep that one between you and me!  Yah..  I'll keep him...

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.  I haven't done a stitch of work all week because I was too busy playing in the yard and watching Dora the Explorer - it's fun to be two every now and then!  I just hope that the air-conditioning police isn't in the office tomorrow because it's going to be a looooong day for me..  You know the person I'm talking about..  The one who never stops checking the thermostat because she's conserving energy and "keeping down the costs"....  She is one of the two who "does the books" - and yes, she still writes them out long-hand.  The other woman thankfully uses the computer..  You would think that energy woman was saving her very own nickles to pay the bill..  She truly is a wonderful woman, she just goes off the deep end every now and then  see handwritten ledgers -  I don't need her jumping off tomorrow!  I need to do major work on the computer and I'm sure that my file drawer is overflowing like Niagra Falls...  A loooong day ahead...

This weekend, the Hubs and I have our joint and separate Psychological Evaluations for the Diaconate program.. yay (insert sarcastic eye roll)...  Yup, I will be psychologically evaluated yet again in.. let me think...  Less than three months from my bariatric nut exam..  I should be squeeky clean between the ears by now, right??  Now that I've been through one I'm not quite as freaked out about it as I was the first time.  I hear this one is a bit more intense though - I have noooo idea what that means, and I'm not stressing over it either.  I figure it this way, "what will be will be." And they can take me as I am..  I just hope it is over and done quickly.  I reeeally would love to get out and golf this weekend!  Speaking of golf, do you think that I should tell the Psychologist that we scheduled the exam later so that we could watch the morning telecast of the Women's Richoh British Open??  Nahhhh.. probably not.... 

I hope all is well, and always remember to smile!  Makes psychologists watch you just a little bit closer........

Until Next Time!
Photobucket

11 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Rhonda said...

Great hubby, I'm super jealous of your ground up wing. I haven't had wings in WEEKS and they're my fav.

dede said...

I love being two every now and then too!!! So excited for you to be digging on those mushies!! It's amazing how wonderful things taste! Congrats!!!
dede

Anonymous said...

Eggs are still my favorite food. Even after I graduated from mushies, I still at them for breakfast nearly every day.

Stace said...

eggs and tuna salad were a dream come true!! Enjoy chewing!

Beth Ann said...

I love eggs. I'm not sure there is anything you could do to an egg that I wouldn't love. :) Enjoy the mushies!!

Laura Belle said...

I have eggs every morning. And have for years. I even hard boil them and have them as a snack in the afternoon. High cholesterol be damned.

Sounds like the mushies is making your life fantastic! glad to hear it!

Silverhairedgoddess said...

Yeah, I remember the first scrambled eggs I ate once I got to the mushie stage - they were indeed "heavenly" :)

Enjoy !

Cece said...

You know I'm chasing right behind you ... I'm starting to fantasize about the mushies :) And, with the heat lately - I need something 'solid' in me. Keep posting your mushies so I can keep dreaming ... lol !

Amanda said...

So glad you are enjoying eggs but I have to say I am NOT an egg girl. None. never ever!

You are going to rock this band. You are a positive light but remember that even in the tough times it gets much much better.

Andrea said...

Yay for mushies!!!

nothing said...

yey, mushies are cool. lol

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!