Hannibal... Foiled Again...

Not much going on around here these days..  I'm sad to report that we're down two ducks - We haven't found them, so I'm pretty sure that predators may have gotten them..  But the ones that are surviving are going strong!  They're finding their food and eat like pigs, but they are are still wary of me..  I guess they're thinking I have orange sauce simmering on the stove..   They don't run as far as they had before, maybe that means they're beginning to trust me - we'll see...

I've been healing quite nicely and following the "Plan"..  I won't say that a few soft potatoes didn't sneak into my bowl of potato soup just a wee few times though.  By the way, they were yummy!  I've had a rough day on Friday though.  It was my Rheumatologist visit - I go there to "officially" be told that I have RA, have my hands rubbed, and to get my meds.  His office is about sixty miles from home, so it makes for a long day - especially in hundred degree weather..   I'd gotten there a bit early, and felt awful.. painfully "bubbly"..  So, I wobbled into K-Mart and walked through the entire store - every aisle, and completely around the perimeter..  I purchased a few things - so I wouldn't be seen as casing the joint - but stopped in mainly for the walk.  By the time I returned home two and a half hours later, I crashed..  Had a goood, looooong nap..  I realized that night what may be causing most of my bloating.  I found that I have been swallowing air while I wear my CPAP (crap) machine at night, something that has only happened since I've had surgery.  Great.  After doing a bit of research, I've learned that it is a common condition in sleep apnea patients called aerophagia.   Or simply, "swallowing air."   Aerophagia can happen when the pressure on the machine is too high, causing air to be pushed down into the stomach..  Hannibal just may need an adjustment to a lower pressure setting.  I've not used Hannibal (CRAP machine) the past two nights (now that I'm onto his latest bout of trickery, he's in 'time-out'), and I feel absolutely fantastic!  No bloating what-so-evaa..  I will call the Respironics Nurse on monday to see what needs to be done to fix this.   Mwa, ha, haaaa... (sneaky laugh) I'm hoping to be able to use large and uncomfortable tools to get into the inner sanctum of Hannibal, juuust to tinker around a bit..  To be contined...............

So..  It's safe to say that everything around here is just ducky!  Ok, sorry for that groaner..  We're going out for a ride down to the 'Burgh to see family today so that should be fun - and hopefully air-conditioned!  So with that, I bid you adieu and I wish you ALL a terrific rest of your weekend!
Until Next Time!
Photobucket

9 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Rachel said...

I'm sorry about the RA...and CPAP issues. Seems like you are healing nicely and I can sense you are a "rule" follower so that will really help. Make sure you have a great Rheumatologist and get 2nd opionions on medication. My SIL went through years of RA meds only to find that she probably just had fibromyalgia that was misdiagnosed. Don't mean to be preachy...just be critical of medical care and make sure you get the best.

Rhonda said...

I'm sorry about the official RA diagnosis. :(

Sounds like you're doing great with being on plan, though! Keep up the great work! :)

Stace said...

Good for you for getting in your exercise during such a long day!! Awesome!

Silverhairedgoddess said...

I haven't been keeping up with everyone here so I hadn't realized that you had your lapband now ! Congratulations fellow lapbander :)

I am so happy for you - it has been a long journey for you to finally get there - I have to get caught up with your blogging but in the meantime I hope that you are feeling great :)

Alison said...

Really hope that you're able to ditch the crap machine soon!

MandaPanda said...

Darn than Hannibal! It's always something with him, isn't it?

My mom has RA and finds her doctor's appointments to be pretty useless. She's already gone through all the meds they recommend (plus a few experimental ones). She's been struggling with it for 20 years now though. She actually found cutting corn out of her diet to be pretty effective. You may want to give it a try.

tagyourit said...

I am sorry abotu the RA but congrats on the surgery and I hope the tiny sneaky potatoes treated you well.

Cece said...

OMG - I totally forgot about my CPAP machine ! I brought it to the hospital on Thr. Had my parents take it home and haven't used it since. I really need to get to the sleep doc as I think I am suppose to go in the 1st 90 days (which is coming right up !) Good for you on the long walk around kmart !

Laura Belle said...

ohhh, poor little duckies! But such is life, huh?

Sorry about the 'official' RA diagnosis. that's just no fun.

But glad that you put Hannibal in time out and you feel much better! Yeah!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!