Are Double Martini's Clear Liquids???????

Day...  From...  Hell...

Well that was a bit dramatic, wasn't it?  I am wallowing in my role as drama queen today.  And doing a mighty fine job of it if I say so myself, true royalty, I am..  Here is how the day should have gone...  Get up - after a good, long sleep in..  Have my shake, do my laundry, go into the office to finish up work that will have deadlines while I'm recovering, clean up my house and sun-porch - so I come home from surgery to a beautifully clean home, and the sun-porch looks spankin' clean for our scripture study class that will be held there in the evening..  Take care of the Amish folks who will be coming later in the afternoon to build the play yard for the GrandAngel (Remember?  We hide the tools from the Hubs - the world is safer that way..), and have everything finished so I can spend tomorrow doing last minute shopping and a little pampering...  That, my lovely friends, is how the day should have gone...

How the day actually went.... 
Got up - check.  always a good thing...  Sleeping in wasn't an option today because Penn-Dot chose this week to tar and chip our road. 
If you've ever driven the back roads in Boonie-ville, you would have most likely come across the infamous "tarring and chipping" - The machinery is loud, the tar stinks, and chips do horrible things to your car..  Anyway..  I make my shake, throw in the first load of wash, and proceed to spend breakfast time reading blogs..  I start the second load...  The phone rings.  It is the bariatric office..... not good, not good, not good...  It seems there was a problem with my urine test - great.  So now I need to beg, plead and bribe my PCP to fit me in today to have the test redone.  They squeeze me in at 4:15pm - ok...  that leaves me with time to at least get my wash and house done...  "Ohhhhh wait..  not so fast" say the wizards of fate..  "You really want to do your wash?? - Today?? Mmmwahahahaha..."  The motor on the dryer decided that today was the day it was going to burn out... I have two loads of sopping wet laundry and no dryer.  Sighhhhh - call the plumber.  Forget about going to the office, getting the laundry done, or even vacuuming.  I have just enough time to get ready for class tonight, let the plumbers in and frantically run to the Dr's office.  I get to the office and proceed to begin the obligatory thirty minute wait.. my test is repeated and there "could be" a slight infection, it's inconclusive.  Mmmkay...  no fever, no other symptoms NOW WHAT DO I DO???  He wrote out a three day prescription for antibiotics and have to wait until tomorrow to call the bariatric office because it is after five and they're closed.  Class starts at six-thirty so I have just enough time to run home, make coffee, get the table and chairs set up, and print all of the print-outs for the evening..  At this point, I am literally yelling at my printer, "you screw up today and I'm going to use you for bass bait.. DON'T even go there..."  Oh my heavens!!  I completely forgot about my Amish guys!!  Mere seconds before the class begins to arrive, three horse drawn buggies roll into my driveway - completely filled with my Amish guys AND their wives AND their children..  It looks like a three ring circus going on in my driveway!  I now have six cars, three Amish buggies - complete with horses - and thousands of bits of that damn tarring and chipping in my driveway..   There's a paper jam in the printer....  Can it get any worse....  Can it?? 

At this point I am not sure what is going to happen about surgery, my PCP said the antibiotics shouldn't be a problem and will fax his reports to the bariatric Doc.  Sooooo, I will be talking with the bariatric Doc in the morning, and doing my office work, and cleaning, and going to the laundromat with sopping wet clothing to re-wash and dry, and shopping, and..  and..  and...

Does anyone know....
   ... are double martini's clear liquids???????

Until Next Time!
Photobucket

11 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

MandaPanda said...

Totally counts as a clear liquid! Goodness! Things are bound to look up...they just have to. Hang in there!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Jesus Mary and Bart - I'm going to throw a tantrum just reading that! WOwser!

Rhonda said...

Oh em gee. So you might not be having surgery tomorrow, or things should go as planned? I'm confused! :(((

Sorry it's been such a stressful day. Ronnie no like changes in the itinerary!

Rhonda said...

Oh, and yes... they most certainly ARE a clear liquid.

Lee Ann said...

What. A. Day.

If only you had a pic of your buggy-filled driveway.

Anonymous said...

Wow. You just made my day look like a piece of cake. I hope you get your surgery tomorrow. Keep us updated.

Annie said...

Lisa! What a day you had. You are hysterical! I can almost see the cars, the buggys, the Amish- their kids, wives, etc. How funny. I guess it's not really that funny from your perspective, but, you gotta laugh!

Martinis, clear liquids?? Works for me!!

xoxoxox

Amanda said...

yes. they totally count.

I wish I was there to help you out! Yesterday sounds like a day of hell for sure. But it would be funny to be a fly on the wall!

Please take pictures of the amish playground!

Now. Stay positive about the meds and surgery. No point in fussing about it because what will be will be!.
Thnking of you!

Laura Belle said...

Oh holy jeesh. That is ridiculous!

Today will be a better day! I promise!

And your surgery will be just fine.

Deep breaths, chug martini, deep breaths.

Sandy said...

Personally, I will state that martinis (singles or doubles) are clear liquids. I think your brain is a bit wonky from all those protein drinks. But it will be all worth it. Soon. We're in it with you.

Andrea said...

What a crazy day! I say martini's are definitely clear liquids on days like this!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!