A Good Weekend.. A Really Good Weekend!

This was truly an exhausting weekend - on so many levels!  But a really good weekend.  I've been moving, moving, moving and I think I've learned to manage the bubbles!  Saturday, me 'n the Hubs took our GrandAngel to a family gathering - two and a half hours away..  It was so much fun, and get this..  I honestly didn't mind not eating any of the yummo food that his family tends to put out in a spread!  They're Italians, so you can just imagine the amazing spread they put out!  I fed the Munchkin his dinner, and dessert, and snacks - without drooling... Nope.. not one iota!  And I learned one valuable lession during this outing, too..  His family isn't aware of my surgery..  I've learned that having a GrandAngel around can be a good prop!!  I was forever going to the spread to load up for the guys!  Even grabbed a couple beers on a trip or two!  The one thing I really missed was splashing around in their glorious pool - it was hot as hades out there - and that pool looked sooo inviting...

Sunday, our Son brought our GrandAngel over to play on the new municipal sized play set that the Hubs had built in the yard - to say he loves it would be an understatement!  Later in the day friends stopped over to watch "The Open" (Well done Darren Clarke, "Champion Golfer of the Year!!!" I just love that guy!) and have dinner.  All I can say is that watching so much golf has made me really itching to get my hands on a golf club again!  I just may need to try a little pitching out in the yard this week!

Band Update:  Each day I've managed to get in the required amount of protein and liquid.  "The Schedule", remember??  I've had a bit of a hard time getting the calorie requirements in though..  When I eat (or drink, actually), I just feel so full.  I sometimes feel as though I've just eaten a full Thanksgiving dinner AND a side of roast...  My word!  I actually took a nap today after eating a half cup of strained cream of chicken and mushroom soup.  I am guessing it is because I'm probably pretty swollen still.  I'm not hungry, so I'm really not sweating it.  Each day gets a little easier to eat.   The biggest plus was being able to sleep through the night this entire weekend without the aid of vicodin.  I really dispise that stuff - it makes me sooo much loopier than I already am.. 

I hope you all had a wonderfully terrific weekend!!

Until Next Time! Photobucket 



12 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Amanda said...

It is a weird sensation to feel so full after so little isn't it!! I rememeber saying the same sorta thing in a post back in the beginning! Your hunger will come back! But you are doing so well!!!

Lyla said...

You're doing great-- resisting the social eating is difficult, but your brain is working with you on this it seems!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the feeling of not wanting to eat. It goes away :-(
It sounds like you really did have a good weekend. We have been lucky with the weather recently over the weekend. I love summer.

Dawnya said...

Yeah...I wish the not wanting to eat feeling would quickly return to my life. LOL

I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend.

tagyourit said...

lol, it is weird to be full on so little! That was a wake up call to me on just how little we need to be healthy.

Alison said...

Your weekend sounds lovely, the little guy is so cute!
We watched lots of the golf too, was very pleased that Darren Clarke won.

Andrea said...

Yay!! So glad you had a great weekend and that you are feeling better!! Your little grand angel is the cutest!

Rhonda said...

You're doing great - I knew you'd do perfectly! :) You'll be back in the pool before you know it, sugar!

Rachel said...

been reading your posts...you are doing great and being so compliant...you are on your way to great and healthy things!!!!

Amanda Kiska said...

Hunger comes back and so does your ability to get by on so little. Enjoy it while you can! Your grandson is adorable!

Amanda said...

How are you today!!!????

MandaPanda said...

Just getting caught up and want to say you're doing a great job! Don't worry too much about the calorie requirements. Just focus on the protein. You aren't going to starve to death before your appetite returns...trust me.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!