I made it back home... Glory be, I'm HOME!! Me 'n the Hubs arrived home this evening about sixish. Then he went out to get the prescriptions that I will be needing while I recover. I didn't do much other than sit in my nice comfy chair and sip water, juice, jello, sip, sip, sip.. For dinner tonight I had an ice pop! And just to let you know, all is right in my little world now - all my stars have realigned.. After the huge dinner I ate, I had about a quarter cuppa decaf Starbucks - my word, I was amazed that hospitals still used Sanka!
Tomorrow I'm going to seriously work on making sure I have all my water and protein for the day. I had an "episode" in the hospital that scared the bajeezables out of me which involved a blue popsicle and the hiccups. You just don't wanna know... Needless to say, after being NPO for the rest of yesterday, I took it wayyy easy today. One question though.. Why is there so much shoulder pain?? I'm thinking they wrapped my port around my neck or something.....
I have been reading all of your blogs, just not commenting - please know that I'm thinking about each of you and hoping all is right in your world!
The vicodin is kicking in.... G'nite all!!
Until Next Time!



11 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
I'm glad you made it through with flying colors...Hugs to you and fast healing!
Congratulations! So glad that it's all over and done!
The shoulder pain is from the gas that use to inflate your insides, it will hang around for up to a week, peppermint tea should help as will walking and apparently swinging your arms around! You need to let go of the gas anyway you can!
Oh my goodness, the gas pain is the worst! I had no idea it settled in your shoulder, until it did! man oh man! but walking helps soooo much with that! take it easy, sip sip sip and walk walk walk!
I agree with Alison, the shoulder pain is from the gas they use to inflate your belly when doing the operation. It's absolutely no fun for the first week or so with that pain always there. If you try some gas-x strips that might help.
I'm so glad to see you're finally home! Good luck, girlfriend. :) Take lots of pictures and don't forget to do measurements, too!
I'm so glad you made it through your surgery and are home recovering. You are going to do so great at your band.
GasX is your friend for the shoulder pain...and plenty of walking.
You have been on my mind all day! You sound pretty damn good lady! Get up and walk...don't force food..you'll get up there but get plenty of fluids! Rest but walk. Keep us up dated!
So glad to hear you're okay! The shoulder pain will be there for a while, walking is the best for that! Take it easy and keep us posted.
Yep, the shoulder pain is from gas. Gas-X helps as does walking and heating pads. Rest as much as you can but don't forget to get up and walk from time to time (even if it's just around the house).
I am glad you are home and you sound (read?) upbeat. I guess you know where the shoulder pain comes from by now. It takes about a week to feel like yourself again. Yourself, only better, because you will know you are now in control.
I will continue to send good wishes your way.
Glad you're home and doing well. AND, glad that I finally know the source of the shoulder pain. I've been wondering that too (and I haven't even had the lapband yet !)
Glad you're home and doing good! Yeah, the gas pain goes away in a week or so and walking and Gas-X strips help.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!