Happy Blogoversary to.... ME!

Hey!  Hey!!  Guess what today is - my Blogoversary!!  One year ago today this little journal into "The Rest of My Life" was born..  It's funny because I first began writing this journal through blogger because writing in journals (which I have done for years and years) was getting too difficult for my hands - typing was much easier.  Never in a million, bazillion years did I think anyone would actually find me and READ this stuff..  Oh, I'd seen "Julie/Julia" and had grandiose visions of a movie being made about my blog..  Some sultry, thin, gorgeous blond playing the role of me..  Then I'd wake up..  Somehow I don't think that Hollywood is quite ready for the excitement that is my life...

Doesn't that cupcake look to DIE for??  Well to me it does...  Actually, after having nothing but liquids for six days my SHOES are beginning to look "to die for"..  Speaking of cupcakes, (just call me Susie Segue...) if you're interested, Stace from "Ready to Realize" has come up with a terrific idea!  Secret Bandits!!  Her idea sounds similar to a Secret Santa, and so wonderfully encouraging!!  I told her "I'm in!"  So if you think you may be interested, ((HERE)) is the link to her idea!   She has cupcake photos on the post she's written today...  Ohhhh my heavens...  that's all I'm going to say....

"Ohhhhhh my Blessed Heavens!!"

Today was quiet here on the homefront..  Our GrandAngel is still with us and he (along with the Hubs) accompanied me to have all my pre-op work done..  Hello??  Hollywood??  That, my friends, was the excitement in my life today - an EKG..  Our friends stopped over for a quickie dinner with us afterward, then we all went out to catch lightening bugs..  Hollywood??  Still there??  Can my life get any more boring??   I have to hand it to our friends though - they have been such good sports and completely supportive about this whole liquid diet thing..  They enjoyed broth along with me today - and ate with gusto..  We won't talk about the sides of bread, salad, and ice cream for dessert though.......  

I hope all is well where you are, and I thank YOU from the bottom of my heart for a wonderful first year of blogging!!  I have learned more and have grown more from this experience than I ever thought possible..  I cherish all of your support, your kind words, and the fact that you read my yammering more than you will ever know!

Thank YOU!! 

Here's a Cheers to a wonderful year TWO!

Until Next Time! 
  Photobucket

10 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Amanda said...

Happy Blogoversary to you!!

One thing about doing the liquid diet..is a year from now you won't really remember it. Truth.

I don'remember it now..but I sure as hell don't want to do it again! I tried yesterday and made it to 10 am.

Theresa said...

Happy 1 year! It's been a great experience for me too!

Alison said...

Happy blogoversary!
Well done on keeping on your liquid diet, you're doing great!

Rhonda said...

Happy blogoversary, my lovely! Here's to another year. *lifts broth into the air in a toast*

And I TOTALLY started blogging because I saw Julie/Julia. Great minds, great minds. :D

Andrea said...

Cheers! Happy Blogoversary!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I think a liquid diet before surgery just sounds like hell. It is intersting how each doctor's facility gives us different guidelines to follow.
I was a mess doing liquids for 12 days after surgery. But the truth is that once it is over, you forget about it, and concentrate on how great you feel.

Cat said...

Happy Blogoversary and here is to a fun filled year two! Glad to be with you on your journey.

MandaPanda said...

Wow! You DO have good friends...I couldn't get anyone to take a sip of broth with me...even postop! Your life doesn't sound boring...it sounds like...well... life.

Stace said...

Happy 1st! If you are ever in Baltimore I will make you a special cupcake!!

Thanks for the shout out! Hope more people sign up for Secret Bandits!

Cece said...

Congratulations on your blogoversary :) Can you please tell me how to get that cool blue count-down to surgery to post in your blog? I'm using blogger too (only because I don't know any better). Thanks and here's to year #2 !

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!