It’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy…a couple of questions we answer to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break! Copy and paste to your own blog and enjoy!
I think I would be a lioness. Fiercely loyal and protective of the pride. A provider and nurturer, one who keeps the pride together and healthy.
2. Did you ever play an organized sport – with coaches, rules and scoring? Tell us about it.
In 1970, I had the distinct distinction of being the first girl to play little league in the city where I grew up. I single-handedly paved the way for little girls to make "the team". I played little league baseball for three years.. Shortstop and center field. My hair was waist length and was "in style" with the pony-tail poking out of the back of my hat - before it actually was in style! This all came to be because there were very few little girls in my neighborhood to play with (and their only interest was playing with dolls... ugh!) and at age nine all the boys were trying out for little league.. I wanted to play too. The boys didn't seem to care, I was a part of the team, one of them - I'd been playing with them since we were babies.. Some parents seemed to have issues though - in those days those things just weren't done.. Positions on "the team" should be reserved for boys..
Then I went to high school.. I remember telling my Mom that I wanted to be a cheerleader.. She was supportive of that idea but couldn't let it go without imparting one of her pearls of wisdom. As she was signing the permission form she asked me, "do you want to cheer for people, or do you want people to cheer for you?" I tried out for the girls basketball team.. I played four games, broke a finger and decided basketball wasn't my sport. There weren't many other sports in the Catholic school I attended - basketball was pretty much "it", so I turned my attention to music and performing.
3. When did you start shaving your legs?
In sixth grade I decided it was time to shave my legs - without consulting my folks. All the other girls were doing it so I decided I needed to shave too! Sooooooo, one day after school, I lathered up my legs (using the entire can of my Dads shaving cream) and proceeded to shave my legs - with his electric razor..... Let's just say the aftermath of this adventure didn't go unpunished....
4. When you’re in a crabby – pissy – want to stab everyone you see kind of mood – what do you do to get out of it or do you revel in it?
I tend to be reaalllyyy quiet and introverted - thoughtful. I also get my nails done, shop, or do something drastic to my hair. Double martinis!
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blogland and in real life.
Blogland is terrific! I've made new friends and celebrated my first blogoversary. You have all inspied and motivated me.. And I've been blessed to have been given the opportunity to hopefully inspire, motivate and encourage you..
In real life, I'm hungry...............
Thanks Draz for a terrific BYOC!!
Have a terrific weekend!!
Until Next Time!


7 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
You're awesome, Lisa - the first girl on the little league team? You're my hero! And the shaving story? Hilarious. You've lived such a great life. :)
(Only 4 1/2-ish more days til surgery! Are you ready to do this thing or what?)
Ouch! I bet the shaving incident aftermath didn't go well at all!
OMG...not the electric razor. I would have died with laughter.
Don't worry...surgery is right around the corner.
Love #1 AND #2 is impressive! Thanks for doing BYOC! xoxo
you'll have to be in thr crowd handing me something harder then water for me to be running a marathon! How about a yoga marathon? I'd do that!
Wow ! The first girl ... just think what confidence that has given you (even subconscious) over your life ! Still having problems with blogger but thanks again for your help !
This time Wednesday you're going to be an official bandster! :) Yay!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!