I did it, I survived, and I'm here to tell the story.. Two week pre-op liquids, two weeks post-op liquids.. That is four freaking weeks of liquid - yes, I AM a survivor, a warrior princess, a super-hero.. Uhm.. I suppose that was a tad bit melodramatic, but hey - I drank my FOOD, my life's very sustenance for the last four weeks, my brain is liquid here! Mushies, here I come!!
An official update: The weight is coming off quickly but I know that it is going to slow down once I begin adding actual FOOD into my day. All in all, I am pretty much completely healed and feel as good, no... make that better than I had before I went into surgery two weeks ago. The bubbles are blessedly gone.. All of the tiny incisions have healed and the port incision still needs covering, but just a tiny bandaid. I'm healing so well that I forget at times that my band is in me.. Sometimes that's not a good thing, either. I've posted a couple of "before" pictures (ack!!!) in the page called, "just the facts, Ma'am" over there on the right --> I've also added a ticker as well if you're interested in "just the facts..."
Oh! I am sooo excited! Stace from over at Ready to Realize and her Hubs are compiling the list for the Secret Bandits! If you're interested in participating, pop over to her blog and sign up!! The more the merrier!! Should be lots of fun! I've got to start thinking of "band-baggies" to send out to my Secret Bandit.... Well, I guess technically, "I" will be the "Secret Bandit" - but you know what I mean...
Nothing much happening here at the ponderosa today. We have our GrandAngel (who is two....) and I've had my workout for the day! ...wonders how many calories are burned running through the master bedroom and scooping up an entire UNrolled roll of toilet paper, cleaning his finger-painting off my bathroom toilet - he used my foundation, scrubbing orange juice out of a tan carpet, lifting him about a bajillion times onto the slide because his schtoompy little legs can't quite do the ladder rungs yet, pulling him OFF the poor coon hound who is forever giving me the "I am NOT a horse" look, continually running through the house turning OFF all the lights he's turned on - and the list goes on - over and over and over again! I actually looked forward to "Grammy needs a time out" and reading "One Fish, Two Fish...." several times over this afternoon!
I hope your week is turning out to be ab-fab-amundo!!
Until Next Time!
Well, I finally had my big Hollywood break.
The new season of *The Lowdown* started last week, and I made my television
debut as a little tiny blur wa...
1 week ago





12 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Yay!! So what mushies are you going to eat first!?
I am doing the secret bandits too! Looking forward to seeing who I get!! It might be YOU!
So glad for your liquid victory! Yay!
And those little 2 year olds can really be a challenge huh? Not that I have any, but the few hours I spent with my nieces and nephews is WAY enough for me! (well, until we start having our little rugrats.)
Have fun trying to keep up! And yes, I think you burn a kazillion calories just Watching that little one run around! lol!
Yeah for secret bandits!
And....I so know about the good workout toddlers bring!
Congrats on getting to mushies! Man! That was a golden day!
You are doing great!!!! Yes...tell us which mushies you partake of first...I remember everything being super delicious...I remember eating scrambled eggs like it was from a 4 star restaurant...Glad you are well.
Your grandson sounds like quite a handful!
I remember LOVING scrambled eggs and may I suggest cottage cheese topped with marinara. HEAVEN.
Yup- I was dreaming about that first scrambled egg.
It was also nice on the liquid diet when the weight just dropped off too.......
Yea! I bet mushies have never tasted so good. I totally dread the liquid diet phase, especially since I don't like shakes or much else a liquid diet consists of. You did it though, you're on the other side. Congratulations!
You are kicking butt, girlie!! It's funny how good mushies taste after a month of liquids. :) Go you!!
I am betting all that activity should cause you to loose at least 2 pounds !!! :)
Lisa, you're a beautiful woman and your loss so far is beyond awesome. Enjoy your mushies!
You've done great with your loss so far, Miss Lisa! And I know running around after the sweet boy will help even more! You're awesome, and you're inspiring me to get off my tuchas and workout this afternoon!
Glad you're doing better and finally able to start eating some food! I pretty sure you burned tons of calories chasing after that little guy!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!