101 - Whoa.. Can You Believe It??

Oh my amazing heavens - I am stunned beyond words.. Stunned, I tell you!  I simply can not believe that I have ONE HUNDRED AND ONE friends who read this blog! Can you imagine???  Hugggsss, smoootchies and Thank YOU's to each and every one of you who take time out of your lives, out of your busy day to actually read the words that come forth from these (much in need of being manicured) fingers!  You can not begin to imagine how humbled and thankful I am that you come to visit me - thank YOU!!

Fun things about 101
  • 101 is the 26th prime number and a palindromic number - a number that is the same backwards and forwards..
  • The Roman Numeral for 101 is CI...
  • According to "Books in Print", more books are now published with a title that begins with '101' than '100'...
  • This marketing tool is used to imply that the customer is given a little extra than items that include only 100...
  • 101 is a torture chamber in the novel Nineteen-Eighty-Four, by George Orwell...
  • For a new checking account in the US, 101 the number of the first check...
  • Highways numbered 101, the longest and most well-known of which is U.S. Route 101..
  • 101 Dalmations!!
You know I love me a good segue..  By now you may have realized that I do enjoy recurring themes - and since we had a perfectly good Walt Disney kind of theme going yesterday, why not continue that theme into today, shall we??  101 Dalmations!  This movie was released in the theatres the year I was born..  yeah..  yeah..  there were talking pictures back then - and some of them were even in color too!  My Mom would take me and my friend Carol to the theatre on Saturday afternoons and this movie (along with Mary Poppins) was one of the first that I can remember seeing with her..  Great memories!

One particular memory of this wonderful movie seems to be particularly haunting to me these days..  The puppies were HUNGRY!!  Those poor, miserable, little whelps were on a pre-surgical liquid diet!!  Uhm..  I guess that really wasn't the plot of the movie, but each moment that passes without food is literally turning me into our beloved and tortuously crazed villainess, Cruella De Vil!  No one is safe around here!  Would you believe that the Hubs - who absolutely abhors doing anything that requires the use of tools - hmmmm... another post idea - actually spent most of the evening outside doing things around the house that needed to be done??  He's avoiding me like the plague!  "I noticed that the screws on the gutter above the balcony needed to be tightened down..."  They've been loose and dangling since we bought the house 15 years ago...  Seven more days, Dear...  seven more days...  I haven't told him about the joys of bandster hell yet..  we'll just keep that little ditty between us friends for now...

Today was my surgical and anesthesiology visit, and the appointments went quite well..  Just as was predicted, I did get my workout in today as the over energetic two year old who accompanied me tore through the halls to visit each and every poor unsuspecting employee who had his or her door opened.  In between hall races, I managed to watch the thirty minute video that was required before signing all the consent forms - while at the same time reading Dr. Seuss' "Hop on Pop" and "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" to said GrandAngel...

It's all kind of fuzzy and I am soooo confused as to whether the Bariatric Doc is going to Box a Gox or Band a Zans...

Until Next Time!
Photobucket

7 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Amanda said...

you can come any time with out RSVPing. Just give me an hour to vacuum and make us a cocktail!

Rhonda said...

"I'm hungry, Mother, I'm hungry!" I love 101 Dalmations. :) Now I have to watch it, of course.

Cat said...

Congrats on your 101!! (102 now it looks like! hee hee)

MandaPanda said...

LMAO @ "band a zans"! Sounds like you're busy! I, gratefully, did not have a preop diet but I feel ya. I tried liquids (postop just feels different so I don't count that) to be supportive of my hubby and it was miserable. Hang in there! You can do it!

Cece said...

I'm proud to part of your 101 ! Please send your DH this way if he wants to continue on that happy-homeowner garbage .... keep in going, girl !

Andrea said...

Yay for 101! I love your posts...so fun to read! Getting closer...

Stace said...

New Follower! And I soooo know the 2 year old running through the halls! I have a 21 month old who keeps me on my toes! That's for sure!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!