I Go On Walkin'...

Sip, sip, sip..  walk, walk, walk..  My days revolve around the almost hourly "schedule" of what I need to do, consume, and log during these first two weeks..  I'm not complaining though..  Well, I kinda am - just don't like the soreness much, but it's improving. 

Oh! Glory Be! I had a shower today - not just "a" shower but A shower! A real, honest to goodness, water well emptying, lathering slathering shower!  I must have been in there letting the hot water pour over me for a good hour!  Who'd a thunk that something that inconsequential would be so heavenly!  I took a shower in the hospital but it really wasn't a shower..  It was just really, really odd..  I had to sit on this wheel-chair thing (with no seat on it - just a HOLE!) and use the hose thingy to wash and rinse..  It served the purpose for which it was intended, but I couldn't wait to come home and enjoy my own shower    By the time I got out, I was pruned and my hair squeaked, and I smelled like lavender...  Ohhhh the enjoyment of life's simple and most lovely things..  We eventually got water back..  

So for the first day (in what seems like forever - but has only been two days) I have logged and I have completed a whole days worth of everything that is needed as is written on my hourly list!  How 'bout a couple high fives here!  I had more than enough liquids, proteins, and came in at 450 calories!  It was truly a full time job though - and I need a vacation....  And, how shall I put this delicately...  The tiny bubbles are beginning to disperse!  Oh Heavens, what a relief.....  So far, that's really been the biggest hurdle - the tiny bubbles - that, and I'm so tired (sleepy)  these days...  So, I can't complain...  I know that Hubs is really wracking his brain to find out if there is a way to harness this new found "energy" to power his truck...  Men..  I reminded him of the past thirty years we've spent together - and if I could indeed harness his "energy", we'd be independently wealthy..

Please know that I am reading your lovely blogs..  I'm not commenting much, just reading.. Forgive me..  I'm sure you'll all be hearing from me soon!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Until Next Time!

Photobucket

7 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Alison said...

I'm so happy that you're doing so well. Glad that the bubbles are dispersing, let them out anyway that they will come!

Amanda said...

Good to hear from you!
Yes those bubbles were the hardest for me too!! I was just plain uncomfortable.

You are doing so well! YAY

Rhonda said...

Ahh, that first shower post-op WAS heavenly... I stayed in so long I almost passed out. lol

The bubbles will pass... eventually. (Well, I might be fibbing.)

You're doing great, lady. :)

Stace said...

Ahhh the heavenly shower! I never had the gas pains thank goodness, but am glad yours are on their way out!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better. The gas will go away.

Cece said...

LOL ... I can so see me putting together an hourly schedule to get 'it' all done, drank, etc. You're doing great !

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Big high fives from me for sure!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!