What a terrific weekend we had! Friday nite we drove to our place at the ski resort. My heavens it was so much cooler and more pleasant up there - no humidity! We arrived around dinner time, took a walk through the resort and settled in for a cozy evening. Saturday we did the dreaded Psyche eval for the Hubs Deaconate program. It really wasn't that bad.. I filled out a questionnaire while the Hubs had his evaluation with the Doc. I answered questions such as "When you are alone, do you hear voices other than your own?" My response?? uhm.. "Yah! What of it? Wait a minute... Will you puleeeezee be quiet, I'm being evaluated here...." just call me Sybil... Then we (the Doc and I) spoke alone for about ten minutes.. Nothing exciting to report there. Neither the Hubs or I ended up in straight jackets, so I guess we passed the eval. After the exam we met our youngest baby for lunch at a wonderful little restaurant on the shores of Lake Erie. I ordered soup and a tuna plate, and managed to eat about a quarter of each.
![]() |
| Hole Number 8, Great little par 3 |
After lunch, I played - ready for this?? Eighteen glorious holes of golf - and came within two strokes of actually beating the Hubs! I out-drove him on a couple of holes and the putter was doing its thang! Mercy, did I feel good!! Port?? What port?? Incisions be damned, I was golfing!! I won the front nine and he beat me on the back nine - he said it just "didn't do his manly pride a damn bit of good to get whooped by a bariatric patient who hasn't eaten in four weeks.." My response?? "haha - Man up, I'm baaaaaaack!" Afterward we enjoyed a lovely dinner together.. Today we took a lazy ride home, stopped at a few marinas - the Hubs is looking into a boat. must be a mid-life thing - but I love boats, so it was fun walking around the lake and seeing the different kinds of boats. Not sure if we'll get one anytime soon, but it is always fun to look. Friends came over for a cookout and we spent the evening watching the different golf tournaments finish. Not a bad weekend at all!
Eating was a bit of a challenge for me this weekend - we ate out for the first time since my surgery. I am happy to report that I made mostly healthy choices and most importantly that I nibbled. I did splurge on a small dish of ice cream today while we were walking around the lake. Perhaps not a good choice, but after about five or six small spoons full I felt like Jabba the Hut and threw the rest out. I'm still learning to eat slowly too. I ate a little too fast for dinner today and it didn't turn out too well. I need to learn what that satisfied feeling feels like - and stop there. I've been so militant about the "quarter cup" of food thing that sometimes the quarter cup is too much - then I feel bloated. It gets frustrating at times, but I realize that I am always learning - and trying to do my best. I guess that's all I really can do! It's all good though, and I am happy that this band (still needs to get a name..) is doing what it's supposed to do!
Tomorrow is weigh-day.. I guess we'll just see how healthy my food choices have been lately!!
Until Next Time!





6 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Wow, that's awesome about the golf!!! Good for you!
Lake Erie sounds great. Next time you will beat the hubs in the front and the back 9!
I am glad you are feeling better. You will start to learn when to stop. The key is stopping even when you don't really want to.
YOu have such a fun life!!
I know what you mean, sometimes I eat TOOO much with my little portions just because I CAN have a 1/2 cup doesn't mean I should!
I remember in the beginning getting that thanksgiving full feeling and hating it! ON JUST A QUARTER CUP! Who does that??? Us bandsters, that's who!
Sounds like a very lovely weekend!
You're doing so well!
Great post, Lisa ! I so want to order tuna (ok, not tuna) and soup and eat only 1/4 of them. I'm almost to mushies !!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!