"Wanamaker Happy"?? Give Her A Golf Weekend!

Have you ever sat down at the computer without any idea at all what you're going to post about??  Yeah..  That's me right now - my head's a blank.  OK.. how 'bout this - "what I did today!"  I didn't really do much today.  I got the guest room ready for our "Baby" to come home from school.  We moved him to the guest room because, quite frankly, he outgrew his old bed and we just never bought him a new one!  At the end of his high school year, his legs were dangling over the foot end of the bed in his room - he's 6'2", 285...  We figured, no one ever really uses the guest room, it has its own bath and a king size bed - why not??    Anyway, he's spending a few days at home before he needs to check in for football camp.  I did a humongous grocery shopping trip today too - again, the "Baby" is home......   I'm thrilled that he's here though, and even more thrilled that he told he needed a "home-fix" before football camp started!  I was absolutely stunned when he arrived home - stunned, I tell you!  Ready for this?? He actually did his laundry BEFORE coming home for the weekend, first time ever!!  My Baby is growing up...

Oh! I didn't tell you about a terrific little NSV I had yesterday!!  I was out buying a few things for our trip to the PGA Championship...  I didn't tell you about the PGA Championship??  Oh, I will have to rectify that immediately!!  Hubs surprised me with tickets for two days to the last Major of the year!!  Isn't that wonderful??  He was able to get tickets for one day in the Wanamaker Club (named after the Wanamaker trophy awarded to the winner of the PGA Championship) and Sunday we have General Admission tickets so that we can park our happy little bottoms on the 18th green and watch all the groups come in - and the trophy presentation too!  How terrific is THAT???  We also have plans to golf a couple of days while we're there.  Dear friends of ours will be our hosts at their golf club one afternoon, we've got tee times to golf Bear's Best - which is a Jack Nicklaus design course of all his favorite golf holes, and we're doing an outing with one of the Hubs business partners at his golf club!  Talk about an abfabamundo long weekend!!  Ok, back to the NSV....  I was looking for something cool to wear to the tournament and found two terrific, light-weight sundresses - size 18,  AND on SALE at Macy's!!  They fit, and I bought 'em!!  I haven't worn a sun dress in YEARS, Ladies!   Woot!  Woot!  I'm one happy camper right now!  If you happen to be watching the PGA Championship on Sunday, I'll be wearing an extremely loud PINK golf shirt!  I wore that shirt when we sat on the 18th green on Sunday at the Women's US Open at Oakmont, I found me in every golf magazine and every highlight when Paula Creamer won the event!!  The pink is loud, trust me!

This weekend we'll be on the Hubs Deaconate (Deacon reserves) retreat out in the mountains.  We had a retreat there back in April and I truly loved that place..  So peaceful and quiet.  I had such an amazing experience last time we had a retreat there, and I'm truly looking forward to this weekend too.  I've posted a picture of the chapel (here) from a post I'd written after returning from the last retreat.  I'm hoping that since it won't be as cold as it was last time we were there that I'll be able to take lots more photos!

Soooo, for not having anything to write about, this turned out to be a pretty long post..  Eating has been good, I've managed to stay within the 500-800 calorie range, and about one half to one cup of food per meal which is on my instruction list.  I've been adding a few soft items like over cooked veggies and larger chunks of tuna to my mushies which has been helping me stay full longer.  I've been noticing that I'm getting hungry about two hours or less after a meal, so this has helped a bit.

One more thing, HAPPY BANDIVERSARY, KELLY!!!   

 
Until Next Time!
Photobucket

7 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Amanda said...

take pictures! I am sure you will look lovely in your new dress! Have loads of fun, drink plenty of fluids, and try and get some food in since you will be in the sun a lot!!

Cece said...

I want to see photos too !! I will look for you on Sunday :) When the Red Wings won their first Stanley Cup - there was this huge panoramic photo of the entire ice rink. I found myself in the photo and course bought the picture :) That was back in 1997 and that weight is my goal weight ... lol ! Enjoy your baby !

Cece said...

One more thing - are you on regular food or still on mushies? :)

MandaPanda said...

I'll be keeping my eye out for that pink shirt!

Beth Ann said...

I'm not a golf fan, but I love that you LOVE it! Have a blast!!

Andrea said...

How fun! I've never been to a golf tournament, but it sounds like it will be a great time!

Rhonda said...

Great NSV, my friend! And have fun on your weekend away!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!