Can You Say, "NUTS"?

A view of the Chapel
which was right
across from our room
We're baaaack!  The retreat was terrific..  So peaceful.  I really got alot out of it and I am glad that we went.  I guess I've needed the break to energize me because it's been absolutely crazy around here since we've been back.  This past weekend we had finals for some of our classes (the Deacon "reserves"), the remaining finals will be taken next month.  And Holy Week is coming which means there are Masses to be planned, programs to be designed and printed - add into that mix meetings, practices and our GrandAngel and I can say that I have no idea which end is up!  With exception of our retreat, I have had my handy Ipod with me to keep up with all of you!  I may not have been commenting (my damn fingers are too big to type on that thing) but I've been with you in spirit - and I've taken all of YOU with me in prayer during our retreat...

OK..  where did I leave off..  Oh yeah, NUTS!  We'll know Friday if I'm certifiably crazy or not.  Yup, I did it.  I broke down and called the insurance company AND a Psychologist and my psyche evaluation is on Friday.  Funny thing is, for so long I didn't have any Psychologists - now I seem to have two.  Sigghhhhh...  Here's the story.  I was making calls, and the fist office I called I had to leave a message.  I left my message, number, yadda, yadda....  Then called the next number on my "list".  The second office seemed to work out, they accept my insurance, seemed nice enough, so I made the appointment.  I get a return call from the first office yesterday afternoon saying that I have an appointment with them at the end of the month!  I need to call them...  So my last two official "things to do" will finish up by the end of the month!  Friday is my appointment to see if I am NUTS, and the 29th is my appointment with my NUT - (Nutritionist)!  We're almost there!

I do have a question though that I hope you might be able to answer....  I've called the Insurance Guru at the bariatric office and she hasn't gotten back to me yet - I think another call is in order.  Anyway..  Due to prior commitments, I have not been able to attend the "Support Group" meetings the at Bariatric office offers.  They're offered every second Wednesday evening of the month.  I would like to attend, but it hasn't been possible for me to do so.  Do you think this could become an issue when it is time for me to submit everything for insurance approval??  I've checked our policy requirements and nothing is written about "support group" attendance.  I've also called the insurance company and she basically said that whatever is written in the policy requirements is what is required (no help....)  What did you have to do??  Waddya think??

Have a terrific day!

Until next time!

7 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Rachel said...

I don't think support group attendance is required for insurance. Glad you got a lot out of the retreat...thank you for your comments on my blog...I'm glad to know you too...Your optimism and cheer are wonderful to experience.

Justawallflower said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! Now back to the craziness of life!

I was not required to go to any support group meetings. One thing to be careful of though, even if your insurance doesn't require it, the surgeon may. I know they offered it though my surgical practice, but I've never been to one.

Good luck!

Theresa said...

Glad your retreat was so nice! I had to go to support group once, it was required by my surgeon though. Good luck!

tagyourit said...

Since I didn't use my insurance I only had to get my BMI at 40 in order to have the surgery. Good luck with the Nuts!

Amanda said...

Hello busy lady! I've got just a sec but I wanted to tell ya that I was supposed to go to one support meeting before my surgery and never went. I was worried that they wouldn't give me a surgery date but it was all for nowt because I got one!!! So I don't think it will be a problem!

MandaPanda said...

My insurance didn't require any so I didn't have to do it. I know some require 2 or 3 visits. I would double check with the insurance person at your doc's office...even if you have to hound her.

Silverhairedgoddess said...

I am so happy for you regarding the insurance company covering the cost!

I think the support meetings are more important once you have the lapband (I only went to one support meeting and that was 2 weeks before I had the procedure done)I go to the support meetings now cause I love to hear how the other ladies are coping and getting to see them face to face.

Thanks again for the welcome back :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!