
Now What?
Being only one check mark on my "to-do" list away from hopeful insurance approval for lap band, I am beginning to think that maybe this is all possible.. The question floating around my brain lately is "Is it really becoming a reality?" I've been in a "holding pattern" for so long that waiting seems to have become a part of my existence. For the past six or so months, the concept of lap band surgery has been with me, but in an abstract kind of way - sort of like how television portrays someone dreaming, you know.. the wavy thing.. Next Tuesday at exactly 8:30am I will officially check off the final hoop that I am required to jump through.. I did check both the insurance and the Dr's office about the whole "Support Group" meeting thing and was assured by all parties that although not an official requirement, they are strongly recommended. I'll try to make the meeting next month (can you say CYA??) So, I'm thinking "now what?"
Sandy from The Weighloss Rollercoaster inspired me while reading her blog to make a measurement chart for myself. Sandy, I hope you don't mind that I copied yours - I wasn't thinking of all the parts that should be measured, thank you! So, in true OCD fashion, I opened my trusty Microsoft Excel and began working on a chart to keep track of my measurements. It looks pretty snazzy too! I have also read that I should take a few "before" pictures... Uhg... There is nothing more that I hate than to have my picture taken..... I do have a few but they are not full body shots. Being the official family photographer I'm usually not on the other side of the lens, and everyone around here seems to forget how to use one of those newfangled thangs called a camera! Like most overweight people, I tend to stand behind others, crouch down, or only manage to get my cheezy grin in the photo.. Mmmmmkay.. Measurements and photos.. Talk about a blow to the gut. It's all part of the process, right?
Oh well.. There will be time for measurements and photos tomorrow (yeah, I know.. perhaps I should have given up "procrastination" for lent).. It's time to get ready for choir practice! Have a terrific Tuesday!!
Until Next Time!




10 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
It is all possible. It went by so much quicker for me then I expected!! You are so close!
I really really recommend doing a chart. I didn't and I really really wish I did! I kept saying I will but in the end always forgot!
You will be so glad you took those pictures and measurements! It is easy to forget the changes. Also nice to see change when the scale always doesn't move as you would like!
Also, on another note... my husband says that he doesn't notice the changes until he sees the pictures! Men!? I have went from size 20 to size 6!
I'm glad things are moving along for you!
So excited for you! you'll be here (on the banded side) before you know it! Now go take those pictures!
Good for you! I hope it all goes quickly!
You're getting so close now! Measurements and pictures are key to seeing progress. The scale doesn't always reflect all the hard work and even when it does, you can lose sight of how far you've come. Pics are muy importante. Glad the dinner went well...even between hockey periods.
You really do need before pics. I did not take any when I first started and now I wish I had. Good luck!
Happy Passover by the way!! I couldn't do a seder this year, although Passover is my favorite holiday!! haha But I hope the seder turned out nice for you and your family!! Keep up the great work and your surgery day will be here soon!!
You will be a champ at doing this Lap band thing - you have been preparing so long for it and I know you will take it in stride - you go girl :)
You will thank me again when you can see the numbers change so drastically. Measurements are one of the things that really cements the changes that have happened to me. That and photo. Really, take lots. Because we have shyed away from the camera for so long you will not really believe how far one can come in such a short time. Good luck on getting over the final hurdles. It is now your time.
And if you just copy the cell from Excel and paste them into Paint, you can save the picture as a jpg and then post it as I did.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!