Update 'n Stuff

Hey All!  I'm baaaack!  Refreshed, recharged, re-energized and ready to go!  I do love these weekend retreats!  The weather was kinda blah, stormy actually, so I didn't get to take very many pictures of the incredibly beautiful retreat facilities..   You're just going to have to take my word for it - sooo wonderfully beautiful and peaceful - especially during a good storm...   I am so thrilled at how much the Hubs gets out of these retreats as well.  This was really good for him..  He too has come back recharged and refreshed, and we're both ready and excited to begin a new year of classes at the "Deacon Reserves.."  Our next retreat will be in April..  I'm kinda sorry it's so far away...

We're home long enough to clean our things, re-pack, then we're off to our golf weekend!!  How great is that??  You'll be happy to know that my golf clubs fit perfectly in their new travel bag - I know you were concerned about them..   Let's just pray they arrive at the same place and time as I do!  I really don't have much to pack - which is a good thing - but I'm having trouble deciding which golf shoes to take.  Should I take the sandals (which are cooler and show off my pedi but are very casual) or the more "dressy" white ones - that require (ugh) socks...  I'm thinking the dressy-ier ones since we'll be guests at two different friends golf clubs...  Ya know, I guess if this is the worst decision I need to make all week, I'm in a good place...

Eating this weekend away was pretty good, if I say so myself.  And I've actually lost two pounds over the weekend as well - Yay!!  I took a few things of my own such as yogurts and protein powder which helped, and managed to find things to eat during the meals.  Everything seemed to slide down so easy over the weekend - but today I could barely get smashed potatoes down..  Is the band always this finicky??  I swear a mushed up carrot is still in there taunting me... 

Our GrandAngel is home from his vacation to the beach with his other grandparents and came to visit with us today.  He 'n the Hubs are snuggled up all cozy like in the air conditioned bedroom.  "One Fish, Two Fish.."  is still opened to the page where they both fell asleep..  such a beautiful sight..  I've missed the stuffing out of that little guy, and he was only gone a week.. 

I think I just may need to join them!

Until Next Time!
Photobucket

4 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Andrea said...

How fun! Hope you have fun at your golf weekend!

Beth Ann said...

Glad you enjoyed your weekend! You are quite the busy lady!!

Cat said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip! Welcome back.

Rhonda said...

Sounds like you had a great time! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!