It’s Friday so that means it’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! Brought to you by our own lovely Draz!
We answer just a few questions to get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break!
1. How much makeup do you wear daily, how long does it take you and are you loyal to certain brands?
In the summer I wear moisturizer, a brow tint powder (they get freaky blond in the sun) eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara.. And I have no preferences, I buy what I like... I love drug store cosmetics and I could live at Sephora!
2. Repeat question: I’m going to pick a person not knowing your relationship with them (or even if there is one) and you try to describe this person in 5 words/short sentences.
Your oldest paternal aunt
Passed away last year.. I truly miss her.
My Godmother
Amazingly loving, compassionate and kind.
A fascinating human being.. I could spend hours listening to her stories.
Strong and beautiful
3. Tell me about your first real kiss and how old you were.
I was 12 and his name was Carl. He took me to my first dance. It was a typical first dance, boys on one side, girls on the other. He asked me to dance once - the last dance. After the dance he leaned down and gave me a huge, sloppy kiss that tasted like "Funyuns".. I thought it was gross and told him to "never do that again" - then I left and went home.
4. If I gave you $1000.00 and told you that you had to give it to a charity – which charity would you choose and why?
I would give $500 to our local Special Olympics chapter. We are very involved in the organization and it amazes me greatly how much they do on so little a budget. I love watching children who can not walk have the ability to ski race.. And $500 to our local MDA office. Again, another amazing organization that does incredible work on a shoestring budget - both donations would be given in the name of a little boy whose memory is very near and dear to our hearts....
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.
Blogland is always a refuge. I get so much encouragement, enthusiasm, inspiration and warmth when I step out into this wonderful place. I haven't blogged much in the past week or so because I've been away, but I've keep close to my refuge blogland even in my travels - you have all become such an important part of my day!
Real life is... eh... I've been kind of in a funk.. sick-ish, ticked off and down on pretty much everything lately. It almost feels like I'm hormonal - yah, like TOM hormonal. For the record ladies, I haven't been TOM hormonal in over six years so I have no idea where this is coming from. I am irritable, I get weepy, and I'm just generally in a &*(#-ed off kinda mood. I actually yelled at the television at a - commercial. A commercial. You know, the beer commercial where the "cooler than you" young and beautiful people manipulate the world like an I-pad to suit their "cooler than your pathetic existance" lifestyle??? ACK!! I saw it once too often and went ballistic - I know, not normal.... Maybe even a little "crazy" - good for a BYOC, right???
Until Next Time!
1. How much makeup do you wear daily, how long does it take you and are you loyal to certain brands?
In the summer I wear moisturizer, a brow tint powder (they get freaky blond in the sun) eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara.. And I have no preferences, I buy what I like... I love drug store cosmetics and I could live at Sephora!
2. Repeat question: I’m going to pick a person not knowing your relationship with them (or even if there is one) and you try to describe this person in 5 words/short sentences.
Your oldest paternal aunt
Passed away last year.. I truly miss her.
My Godmother
Amazingly loving, compassionate and kind.
A fascinating human being.. I could spend hours listening to her stories.
Strong and beautiful
3. Tell me about your first real kiss and how old you were.
I was 12 and his name was Carl. He took me to my first dance. It was a typical first dance, boys on one side, girls on the other. He asked me to dance once - the last dance. After the dance he leaned down and gave me a huge, sloppy kiss that tasted like "Funyuns".. I thought it was gross and told him to "never do that again" - then I left and went home.
4. If I gave you $1000.00 and told you that you had to give it to a charity – which charity would you choose and why?
I would give $500 to our local Special Olympics chapter. We are very involved in the organization and it amazes me greatly how much they do on so little a budget. I love watching children who can not walk have the ability to ski race.. And $500 to our local MDA office. Again, another amazing organization that does incredible work on a shoestring budget - both donations would be given in the name of a little boy whose memory is very near and dear to our hearts....
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.
Blogland is always a refuge. I get so much encouragement, enthusiasm, inspiration and warmth when I step out into this wonderful place. I haven't blogged much in the past week or so because I've been away, but I've keep close to my refuge blogland even in my travels - you have all become such an important part of my day!
Real life is... eh... I've been kind of in a funk.. sick-ish, ticked off and down on pretty much everything lately. It almost feels like I'm hormonal - yah, like TOM hormonal. For the record ladies, I haven't been TOM hormonal in over six years so I have no idea where this is coming from. I am irritable, I get weepy, and I'm just generally in a &*(#-ed off kinda mood. I actually yelled at the television at a - commercial. A commercial. You know, the beer commercial where the "cooler than you" young and beautiful people manipulate the world like an I-pad to suit their "cooler than your pathetic existance" lifestyle??? ACK!! I saw it once too often and went ballistic - I know, not normal.... Maybe even a little "crazy" - good for a BYOC, right???
Until Next Time!



3 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
HA - great BYOC - made me smile!
I totally hear you on the Hormonal thing....I had my Hysterectomy back in 1997, but for some reason, I still occasionally get "weird"....LOL
I love it that you got po'd with the Commercial! Usually I just cry at them.
I think if you're a woman, hormones are always going to play a role in your life...post menopausal or not. Hang in there!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!