The "Deacon Reserves" went really well this weekend, I'm really enjoying the experience. There's so much stuff to do and to learn - it's been, I think..... uhm... forever since I've been in a classroom, so it's taking me awhile to get into the rhythm of studying, note taking and writing... I'll get there though, eventually. The party afterward was absolutely lovely, and I especially enjoyed spending time with our youngest Baby! I think he enjoyed going out to dinner too. He chose Japanese - and I haven't had Japanese in sooo long - good choice!
It was so good for me to just leave the lists behind, the plans, the running in circles, all of it - taking a break this weekend to be with friends and to be alone together with the Hubs did wonders for my soul - on so many levels...
We had some disturbing and sad news over the weekend. My Father woke up friday not being able to see out of his left eye. He went to the emergency room and was told that it was not a stroke - thank heavens - but they're not quite sure what happend, or why this happened.. He has a battery of tests ordered for today, so hopefully we'll find out what's going on. If you would, I ask you to please keep him in your prayers, send warm thoughts, and keep your fingers crossed for him. He's being the "big tough Guy", but I know that he is frightened and confused. Thank you so much..
I hope everyone had a terrific weekend! And, before I go, I would like to send warm wishes of good thoughts to Amanda from Life of a (hopeful) loser - she's being banded today!! Yay!! It's been a journey for her to get to this point, and I know she's anxious to have it all done - I'm praying for you, Friend!
The ski resort opened this weekend - so I leave you with a photo of the lift that is outside of our little piece of heaven! Have a GREAT week!
Until next time!!




6 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Thanks for the comment and virtual hugs you gave me on my last post. I hate to be whiny - especially because I don't want to bring any of those not banded down. I really am glad I got the band and know that this plateau will pass eventually. I love your snowman cartoon - very funny. Sorry to hear about your dad. I will definitely keep him in my prayers.
A great time of year!
I, too, will be sending good thoughts towards your father!
Beautiful pic! Your father's in my prayers.
Gorgeous picture, am praying for your Dad.
I wish we'd get some snow!
Praying for your dad.
Sending a ton of prayers and positive thoughts to your Dad. Let us know what you find out. *HUGS*
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!