Our Tiny Piece of Heaven..

We're up at the mountains the rest of the week!! Time for some much needed R&R... We arrived late this afternoon, the pot of chili is done, and I'm sitting here with my new toy (the IPad), a glass of wine, and enjoying what's left of the fire.. Our youngest Baby is here with us, and so is our GrandAngel! Ohhhh, he was wound up tighter than a spool of thread tonight! Our Baby even took him out to play in the snow for awhile hoping that would tire him out! It didn't... I guess a couple sippy cups full of cocoa might do that.. Don't tell his parents!

I can't figure out how to upload pictures on the IPad, so I'll be sure to post them when I get home and back to the lap top.. It is absolutely gorgeous here this time of year! They've been inundated with snow - in feet! The "trail of lights" is lit, and the ginormous Christmas tree in the Inn is stunning! The trail of lights is a Christmas light display that fills the entire golf course at the base of the ski hill. I will get pictures when we take the GrandAngel to see it. Probably tomorrow nite. It is a beautiful nite tonight, I'm hoping tomorrow nite is too!

The Guys did get out this evening for the first ski of the season.. They came back with red cheeks and sore feet from tight ski boots! Why they need to be quite that tight is beyond me, but I'm not a ski racer - I just make sure the health insurance is paid up!

Speaking of health insurance, I have my third weight check appointment tomorrow!! Keep your fingers crossed that Christmas didn't do me in! I really tried to keep the pie hole under control this year.. I still couldn't tell you how my Christmas cookies turned out! I haven't had any - which in itself is a major accomplishment!

Welp. The fire is out, the wine glass is empty, and I'm off to bed! Stay warm, all!!

Until Next Time!
~Lisa~

7 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

-Grace- said...

Fingers crossed for your weigh-in tmw!

Alison said...

Sounds like bliss, can't wait to see the photos.

Good luck with your weight check tomorrow.

Silverhairedgoddess said...

Sounds wonderful - looking forward to seeing the photos

Yes, definitely, I will keep my fingers crossed - good luck :)

Bonnie said...

Weigh ins over the holidays are the worst. Sitting by the fire with a glass of wine sounds lovely. Much better than skiing.

Anonymous said...

Crossing my fingers, toes, eyes, legs, and everything else for a great weigh-in tomorrow! :)

Fiddle in the Band said...

That sounds amazing! I feel relaxed just hearing about it :) Enjoy it!

MandaPanda said...

I seriously need to find a cabin somewhere...

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!