Oh Mercy, what a weekend - I am just about as pooped as pooped could be!! Would you believe I went to bed last night at eight thirty in the evening?!?! Yup, 8:30! I think Christmas has caught up to me - and passed me right on by! We've hosted Christmas dinner parties for the last three Sunday's - including yesterday. I love hosting dinner parties, but it's starting to all meld together into one large amorphous memory! And, this past weekend we took the GrandAngel out to cut down a Christmas tree.. Talk about your Christmas Vacation moment! Clark Griswold would have been proud.. We traipsed through the entire farm looking for exactly the right tree.. The Hubs and our youngest Baby couldn't seem to find the right one.. Up and down the hills at the farm we went - down paths, over streams, under the large trees - we finally found the one that was "just right"....... one hundred yards from where we parked the truck... It was a good walk in the woods on a cold, snowy, day.... (Trying to sound "chipper" here) - have you ever tried walking through the snow covered woods for about an hour and a half, holding an 18 month old because he cried every time we put him down - in SIX degree weather??? Yes, Clark Griswold would have been proud!
So today I finished my shopping - it is done. finis, finito.. I have my Rheumatologist appointment tomorrow, choir practice, then Wednesday and Thursday I plan to get my baking done. I think I'm going to be sliding into Christmas on two wheels, screeching and with flour on my nose - but I'm going to get there come hell or high snow!
I think that is what slowed me down the most was the awful weather we've had the past two weeks. I'm normally so much further ahead by now - but you can't change the weather or taxes, so why capitch about it??
I think that is what slowed me down the most was the awful weather we've had the past two weeks. I'm normally so much further ahead by now - but you can't change the weather or taxes, so why capitch about it??Even though I was pooped beyond pooped, I did manage to keep up on my all important blog reading! I love reading everything you are all writing about! I love shared photos, Christmas stories, plans and recipes! I love reading about the victories that are so hard to come by this time of year, and I even love to give a shout out of support when it is needed...
I hope everyone had a terrific weekend!! Christmas is only a few days away.... Start your engines, buckle your seatbelts, and keep your hands inside the car until the ride comes to a complete stop!! Enjoy!!
Until next time!





7 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
you are one busy and perhaps a bit insane woman! Have you had any martinis for me? I hope so. I really hope so! Can't wait to see pictures of your Christmas! Love the colored lights on your tree my dear and it is a beautiful tree even though it was a tearful adventure and cold one at that finding it!
ps. your page looks so cute!
I love the Christmas background on your page - and also your tree is beautiful - so colourful!
Thank you for giving me your support and always leaving me such encouraging messages - it brightens my day. :)
Beautiful tree. Is it about 3 feet too tall, a la Clark Griswold? A little full... a lot of sap.
Hope you get a few moments of peace in the run into Christmas.
Meery Christmas!
Your house looks beautiful!
I am just about done myslef. I am reconsidering one gift that I may return.
I wanted to be in bed that early tonight. Then I got hungry and me and Jack were both tired. So I figured I better get up and make dinner. Otherwise he would mention going to get somthing and I would give in..So I made stir fry and it was yummy..
If you go to walmart in the freezer section they have HUGE bags of birds eye stir fry vegtables. It comes with 2 sauce packets..I mean this is a HUGE bag. Not one of those small high calorie things. It is 50 cal for a cup but 350 of sodium. I add chicken breast and make brown rice or quinoa. I am addicted. They have just regular stir fry or Thai. The thai is good and spicy.
Sorry I went off on a tangent but when I find good heathy items and QUICK I like to spread the word. You will not be disapointed if you try it!
Have a great Christmas if I dont chat with you before
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!