It's All Good...

We're still up at the mountains and I'm having such a terrific time! I really really needed this break and I'm savoring every blessed second of it! I'm getting better on this i-pad thingy although my ginormous fingers are having a tough time typing on the screen! So, if You cant read what I've written in your comments, I will be happy to send you an official translation after I get back to my trusty lap top!!

Yesterday was a busy, busy day.. A fun day, but a busy day. We took our GrandAngel sledding after breakfast! His first time on the hill - and he was thilled!! After the sledding, I went to the Drs for my official weigh in for December.. Ready for this??? Make sure you're sittind down.. The official weigh in for the moth of December was.....(drum roll)... DOWN FOUR POINT EIGHT POUNDS!!!! You heard that right! DOWN 4.8 pounds... Can I hear a "woot, woot"?? So after the Drs visit, we took the Munchkin to the pool for a celebratory swim and trip to the outside hot tub! He thought going outside was pretty special.. I did too!

On the way back from the pool we took a trip onto the golf course to see some of the Trail of lights. I was a bit more impressed with it all then the GrandAngel - he just wanted to get back to e condo to EAT! Yeah... He's a guy... After dinner we all just crashed.. Maybe tonight will be the pineapple and vodka with a movie night! I didn't tell you about the Hubs and his pineapple and vodka?? How careless of me... Every year over Thanksgiving weekend, the Hubs slices about five or six pineapples and.layers them in a huge round glass container. He then pours two gallons of vodka over the sliced pineapples and lets them "marinate" until Christmas week. Sooooooo absolutely yummo!! The vodka tastes like pineapple and the pineapples take on the vodka taste! They're great cut up and sprinkled over fat free, sugar free ice cream!! He has also done strawberries and cherries in the past... The pineapple is the best! The strawberries lose their coloring to the vodka and it makes them look like brains in the glass container - not very appealing unless it is Halloween....

I hope your week is going well!
Until next time!
~Lisa

9 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Theresa said...

Sounds like a wonderful time...and yummy on the pineapple vodka!

Sandy said...

Sounds great. Oh to be in a quiet cabin. And I heard the Woot Woot all the way here. Cool to lose over Christmas. Congrats.

Amanda said...

oh my goodness gracious that sounds so yummy! We got some too. It was vodka with blue berries, rasberries, and pineapple and it was fabulous.

I am so so proud of you and your 4.8 lbs. I mean fabulous!

Silverhairedgoddess said...

Hear that ??? I just did a drum roll for you :)

congrats on loosing 4.8 pounds - how great is that

Yes, those pineapple slices sound yummie !

reneasskinnylove.blogspot.com said...

Congrats on the 4.8LBS !!!!
So tell me some more on this whole VODKA thing??? Do you have to seal the jar some way?
The cabin sounds amazing!!!

Read said...

The pineapples sound totally yummy!!! But the brains in the glass container made me laugh!!!

Congrats on the Christmas loss - that's truly fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. :) Congrats on that loss! That is SO awesome!!

-Grace- said...

Great loss!

Rachel said...

4.8 during December? That is awesome...Those pineapples sound great. I'm glad you are enjoying and savoring your time!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!