Over The River And Through The Woods...

Tonight was our choir practice - nothing out of the ordinary.  Thursday night choir practice.  We arrive at six thirty, work on music that will be played for the month, go home.  Tonight was a little different though...  Our Church is about ten miles from where we live and I literally have to go "Over the river and through the woods" to get there..  I drive through back roads - dark and snow covered this time of year - and over the Allegheny River to get to Church.  Tonight I noticed something different though.  As I was descending the hill to get to the bridge that crosses the river, I saw the hill side across the river.  Here in Western Pennsylvania, we're a State of hills, and the Northern Allegheny is flanked with hills on both sides.  Normally the view from the hill I that I drive down is covered with trees, leaves, and foliage, so I don't normally see the hill side on the opposite side of the river until I get to the bridge - tonight I saw the whole hill side!  What a glorious sight it was - I think every home on the hill was lit up with Christmas decorations!  I almost drove off the side of the hill gawking at it so long!  The tiny little town where my Church is located looked so much like one of those pictures of a train village - all lit up and Christmas-sy!  Like a picture you would see on a Christmas card - it was soooo incredibly beautiful!  I wish I could have pulled over somewhere to take a photo, but I don't think the eighteen wheeler behind me would have appreciated my coming to a complete stop on the side of a hugely graded hill!  Perhaps one of these nights I will be able to risk life and limb and get a photo - we'll see how daring I get!  Honest to Pete, it looked like something out of Norman Rockwell!  Gave new meaning to "O Little Town of Bethlehem" - which we sang over and over and over and over tonight at practice....

I haven't written much lately about the Bariatric front, because quite frankly, there's really been nothing to write about....  Nuttin' going on one way or another..  Today however, I ventured out again (YAY!) and finally got the head to toe x-rays and blood work done that my new Rheumatologist ordered two months ago..  I couldn't believe how much of me was x-ray-ed today!  Shheeeeeesh!!  I had ten x-rays of my hands alone!!  They did my jaws (each side, and front), upper back, lower back, hips (each side, front and back), knees (front, back and sides), hands (ten pictures total) and feet (ten pictures total) - my WORD, our Christmas tree won't need lights - just stand ME next to it!  Nuclear material??  That's me!  The blood work I had wasn't much to write about, just a simple battery of blood tests.  I have an appointment with the RH Dr next Tuesday.  I don't see the Bariatric Doc until the twenty eighth of this month.  So, all has been quiet, nothing new to report..  The only insurance requirements I have left are my Psych test, the routine weight checks, one more NUT visit and the mandatory three support group meetings I have to attend (shoot me now...)  So, in the meantime, I guess you'll just have to put up with reading about the other stuff that is going on in my life!

That was my Thursday!  I hope you had a wonderful day today!!  Don't forget to check the "TGIF" for today and "Today's Thought" - they're pretty good if I say so myself!!

Oh, by the way..  It's a whopping FOUR degrees here tonight!! Stay WARM!!

Until next time!

7 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Alison said...

Your description is great, would love to see a picture.

Rhonda said...

Me too, me too! :) I've been looking for some nice Christmas decorations around my parts and no one seems to be in the spirit lately except one house two doors down. My boys always say, "It's a party!" lol Hope all is well with your bloodwork, and that your next appt with your doctor goes well. :))

Silverhairedgoddess said...

Oh I wish I could have seen that hill side - sounds lovely - when I was a child my Dad use to take all us kids to see the houses all lit up for Christmas - it always made me feel so happy. I love Christmas :)

MandaPanda said...

It sounds so picturesque...I hope you're able to post a pic here soon. Sorry you had to endure all that xray stuff. My mom has to have it done every couple years for her RA and it bugs her to no end. Geesh...it sounds so cold where you are. I was freezing this morning and it was 45 degrees out!

Theresa said...

Brrrr 4 degrees, it's 56 here and I'm freezing! I'd never make it!

Amanda Kiska said...

Sounds so beautiful! I love this time of year.

Each doctor visit, NUT appointment and group therapy session gets you that much closer! You're really doing it!

reneasskinnylove.blogspot.com said...

Sounds GORGEOUS !!!! But of course don't risk your life to get us pictures. Your exsplanation tells the picture just fine!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!