Jack Frost Nipping At Your Nose...

Please, someone STOP THE MADNESS!!!  We have so much snow, our poor Brittany - "hellfire" - is waist deep in it!!  We usually don't have this much snow in February let alone December..  It's insane!!  We're expecting another "five to eight" tonight with temps in the single digits...  We've had a fire every night this week - not because me 'n the Hubs can't stop gazing into each others eyes - but because we're COLD!!  Ahem...  uhm..  after almost thirty years of marriage, a fire isn't necessary...  well, you know what I mean....

I haven't done much these past few days other then get things ready around here for the decorating extravaganza that will take place this weekend, and lazy up by the fire...  It's been too awful to really go anywhere - the ice on the roads has been incredible.  The Hubs made it one exit on Interstate 80 before he turned around and came back this morning..  Trucks were off the road, there was a pile-up...  Yup, it is just cr-a-zy - nut-so!!  It is supposed to warm up in the next few days so hopefully we'll be able to get to the tree farm on Saturday!  If you couldn't tell by now, I just can't wait - just like a kid at Christmas!!  This is late for us - usually by now our tree is up and I am busy sucking down the egg nog!  Have you ever made home made egg nog??  I've tried it - once, I made it too thick though.. It was like drinking a frosty from Wendy's overloaded with entirely too much Bourbon...

I want to thank you, all of you, my Friends, for you prayers, well wishes, and good thoughts for my Dad.  He is doing well..  The Doctors believe this loss of vision is most likely permanent and caused by a small, microscopic piece of plaque which may have broken away from a tiny blood vessel and damaged the optic nerve.  He takes blood thinners because of a heart condition, and, after this, they're most likely going to increase the dosage.  He is doing well though and is getting around better then I imagined he would.   He is able to drive and do all the things that he's done before - which is a good thing - his understanding this has really helped him to accept it all..  Again, I thank you..  From the bottom of my heart..  You're the best!

View of the "pond" (below the tree.) This photo was
taken at 11:30 this morning from our
upstairs balcony..
Cr-a-zy!!

Stay warm, dry, cozy and SAFE!!
Until next time!

7 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Theresa said...

Wow! I'd never make it, I'm glad I live in the South, you don't have to shovel heat in the summer! Glad to hear your Dad is on the mend.

Anne H said...

Wow - Stay warm and toasty cozy!
If that's even possible.....☃☃☃☃

Alison said...

So please that your Dad is going so well. It's meant to snow here in the next couple of days and you know how much I hate that! I went out for bread and milk today!
Keep warm! x

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your Dad is doing okay. :) And WOW on the snow! I wish I could take some of that for you. Have fun decorating this weekend! Take pictures for us!

Amanda said...

Lisa, I feel so bad. I must have missed a few posts over the last few days. I didn't know about your dad. Please chock it up to me being insane about my surgery. I am glad to know he is doing better. My mom actually is blind in one eye and has Ben since she was about 35. Here depth perception is off at times but she does everything like normal. Hope you are well my friend and thanks for thinking of me. I am feeling better..still in pain but not as bad as yesterday. I've got no appetite...something enough protein is a big struggle.

Sandy said...

I can't believe the snow you guys are getting either. We have about 6 inches, enough to use the snowblower. I sure hope you enjoy the Christmas decorating. It is certainly feeling a lot like Christmas around here.

Silverhairedgoddess said...

I wish I could send you some warm weather - hope the cold weather breaks soon !

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!