Toys Galore... Scattered On The Floor..

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!  It was a busy one here, but absolutely wonderful!  The festivities began on Christmas Eve with the annual visit with the Hubs side of the family - which is about one hundred and twenty miles from where we live...  It was fun..  short, sweet and good to see the side of the family we don't see on a regular basis.  I say short and sweet because we had to get back home to get to Midnight Mass (which was actually a 10pm Mass this year).  The Hubs, as a Deacon Aspirant participated in the Liturgy, our youngest Baby was the Lector, and our oldest Baby and I had a duet in the program before Mass, we also played with the choir throughout the Liturgy as well - it was all just so very beautiful and meaningful..  I didn't get through the night without shedding a few tears..  Our parents came to spend the weekend with us - which was quite "Christmas Vacation-esque" - I'm just sooooo thankful they all get along so beautifully!

Christmas morning the Hubs and his Mom went to the 10am Mass together (she just LOVED seeing him dressed in his alb and participating in the Liturgy!) while we made breakfast.  Afterwards, we spent about three hours relaxing and opening gifts!!  Guess what, Amanda???  I got an Ipad TOO!!  Yay! Yay! Yay!!  I'm really going to be "Internet dangerous" now - satellites will surely be dropping out of the sky!!  I also received a "Potty Putter"....  Don't ask.....  (damn kids!)

Later that afternoon, our oldest Baby and his family came!!  That meant present opening with our GrandAngel!  There are few things on this good earth more precious and beautiful then the eyes of a child on Christmas..  There was one gift he particularly enjoyed - and we picked it up as an afterthought!  A wee small Disney couch that opens up to a little bed with a sleeping bag blanket!  Out of all the wonderful things he had gotten - THAT was what he seemed most impressed with!!  He was hysterical!!  Getting in, getting out, back in, back out - all evening!


We all enjoyed a nice, simple, relaxing, dinner.  Everyone contributed to the meal which was wonderful!  I didn't spend most of the day worrying about food preparation!  I made it a point to eat light, chew, chew, chew - and I had nothing to drink during dinner either!  Hey, I'm in training!  Then we sat around having (get this...) cookies and martinis!  Well, I didn't have cookies with my martini, but others did - shudder!!  Everyone left today and we spent the afternoon in "Heavenly Peace"..  I played with MY new toy then we had friends come over for left overs! 

So..  that was our Christmas weekend!  Yeah, there was some craziness getting things done in time, last minute shopping and family drama that makes you want to either scream or choke someone - but to me, it's all part of it and I wouldn't have it any other way.  The craziness of all the preparations we do is in itself a gift to each other - Loving one another.  And, as far as family drama goes, we're not immune - every family's got it.  But those same folks I want to scream at and/or choke are the same people who, in their way, helped to make me the woman I am today.  They are the same family who love me, support me, celebrate with me, mourn with me, and they work really hard at driving me to wanting more martinis to get through it all sometimes! 

What I've learned over my lifetime is that they're mine, they're my family - warts and all.  Families change, they grow, and loved ones pass on.. To me, Christmas is a time to cherish the moments we have together while we have them - even if it takes a couple olives and a shaker topped with gin to help!








Until Next Time...

8 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Anne H said...

Just a wee bit o' gin, eh!?
You'll enjoy that when you
fire up that iPad.
Glad your Christmas Holiday was a good one.

MandaPanda said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. Merry Christmas to you and I hope 2011 is one of your best!

Ginger aka Gidget said...

Oh my goodness! My 4 year old would go CRAZY over that couch! Wherever did you find it? She is Mickey Mouse clubhouse crazy. We have like 60 episodes of that show on our DVR - she LOVES it.

Rachel said...

Sounds wonderful! Thank you for sharing your Xmas memories! I like your reconciliation of family drama...Have a great year!

Theresa said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas!

Rhonda said...

You're so upbeat about all the Christmas mayhem, Lisa! Sounds like you had a great time, and that's great that you're already practicing for your post-band life. Glad to be able to read all of your blogs - you write so eloquently. :)

Anonymous said...

I loved watching my boys be "alter boys". They looked very angelic! Glad you had such a nice time. Our grand daughter has one of those little couches too. She loves it!

Amanda said...

yay!!! iPad. I am going through withdrawl. Chris took mine to jolly ole Blighty! I have been without internet and I will explain via blog sometime later! Ohh and I had a martini. DON'T TELL!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!