I had my Rheumatologist visit today and guess what?? I have arthritis - how 'bout that?? Oh brother..... Over the past three months, I've been poked, proded, x-rayed and examined. I've not been able to take my arthritis meds because we needed to see "exactly where I am".. After all that he's come to the conclusion that I have rheumatoid arthritis.. Happy. Happy. Joy. Joy... Can I puhleeeeeze have my Enbrel now??? My joints sound like a pot of popcorn taking off on the stove when I move, and I'm starting to walk like an accordion - NOT playing "Lady of Spain" either! It's gotten to the point that the Hubs calls me "Orville" when I get up out of a chair - he's so compassionate.. Otherwise, I am fine. It will take the pharmacy a day or so to get the meds so hopefully all will be well - very soon! I have my next Bariatric Doc visit on the twenty eighth of this month - I'll keep you posted!
So, I spent most of my day in the car. I think I heard the same four Christmas carols played over and over by different artists on XM radio while I drove the eighty or so miles to the Rheumatologist's office, just so that I could be told something I've known for five years - he's a new Doc.. so, ya gotta do what cha gotta do.. Then back to town to the pharmacy to make sure that my meds were properly ordered - and will arrive no later than Friday. I suppose I could have had them called in, but being the control freak that I am, I need to be sure it was taken care of the way it needed to be taken care of! Then into the office to begin my year end work and to get the files on the computer set up for January, sent out all the January schedules, worked on the web site, then off to choir practice. Yes Amanda, I had a double martini tonight - filthy.. much needed, too!
So tomorrow is baking day!! I think that's why I did so much running today - so I can just relax, put in a mooshy Christmas movie and bake. I was thinking either "Christmas in Connecticut" or "Miracle on 34th Street".. I've cut down the list of goodies that I usually make since I have only two days to do it, but what I've planned, I'm sure the Guys will enjoy - all their favorites! We have a grab bag gift exchange on the Hubs side of the family on Christmas Eve. I like to give out small trays or boxes of home made goodies to everyone as well..
In spite of the the running, hustle and bustle, plans, lists, decorating and wrapping, I thoroughly enjoy this time of year. Sometimes it is frustrating, exhausting and overwhelming, but it is also beautiful, loving and joyful.. I don't think I would have it any other way....
Until Next Time!
Not sure where to start since I haven’t checked in for a minute. Things
have been pretty busy and just keeping up with life seems like too much
somedays...
2 weeks ago





8 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Happy Baking Day! Thank you for your continued support on my blog with your supportive comments :)
Hopefully they can get you in a place where the arthritis is not even a thought. I'll be praying for that. And my husband loves to listen to the holiday station on XM while I pretty much scowl and cover my ears. LOL! (I can only take so much Christmas music) Ha!
Merry Christmas!
Sounds pretty typical of a rheumatolgoist actually. My mom has had 4 in the last 15 years or so and it's always the same barrage of tests. Hopefully you can get your meds soon so you feel better. I'm only making one batch of cookies this year. Trying to decide what kind I want to make.
I need to start baking, too. You're such an inspiration, Lisa! :)
I certainly admire you - being so uncomfortable and still carrying on with Christmas activities
I agree with Ronnie - you are an inspiration!
I'm so sorry about the arthritis, Lisa. *BIG HUGS* I hope you start feeling better soon. Would you believe I've never seen Miracle On 34th Street?? I really need to rent that sometime. Thank you for your continued support and the love you show on my blog. You're the best. *HUGS*
You make MY day brighter!
happy Holidays!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!