I'm Makin' A List...

Hey Y'all!  Ok, so I'm not from the south - but I get ta wantin' to do that every time I go through all my Christmas Cookie recipes..  I've got a few recipes from the Queen of Buttah' herself, Paula Deen and boy oh boy oh does she pack the butter in!!  I'm just glad Christmas baking only comes once a year - I wouldn't be able to fit through the doorway otherwise!  I'm really not a "cookie" person, nor do I eat much cakes or pastries.  But, I do have to try them after baking.....  You wouldn't want me feeding my family anything that is inferior now, would you??  My personal favorite to make is candy.  The hard candy with all the sweet and spicy flavors.  My family can live with or without the candy though - which means there's more for me!  We made gingerbread once and only once..  Making gingerbread "people" with pre-adolescent boys is definitely a mistake I did not make twice.  These same little creatures who giggle over milk snorting out of noses, and who can fart the longest, also giggle over making gingerbread "anatomically correct"..  I was the only Mom in the county with x-rated gingerbread "people"...... sighhhhhh....  It didn't help that the Hubs thought it was hysterical - must be a guy thing.

The voice is getting much better - I'm back to being sultry and raspy..  Thank you MandaPanda for the tea tip - I think it helped!  I've often thought of crank calling folks when my voice sounds like this - but then thought better of it..  I don't need to be arrested for harassment!  I got through another pack of cards today, but didn't get to my phone calls.  My voice still goes in and out and I don't need it to go out after I've waited almost ten minutes on hold listening to Christmas music.  So, tomorrow's another day.

It's still snowing around here and it's looking really pretty.  I do like the snow, just not driving in it.  We've been under intermittent lake effect snow warnings but not as bad as they're getting it further north.  We're hoping with all these warnings that the ski resort will be opening soon!  I need to get up there one of these weekends and get our Charlie Brown tree up.  We have this pathetic little artificial tree that we put up in the condo every Christmas with ski and golf ornaments (and a few beer tabs, scotch and wine corks).  It's become of tradition with the ski club and it does looks really cute when it's finished.  I'll try to find a picture to share!

Don't forget to check out this week's TGIF!

Until next time!



4 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Alison said...

I too love the idea of anatomically correct gingerbread people!
Hope you get your tree soon.

MandaPanda said...

So glad your voice is coming back. I really wish I could be around snow this time of year...of course, by January 1st, I'd be done with it but it does put me the holiday mood. I love doing gingerbreads! But then again, I have girls and they feel no need to make them anatomically correct. LMAO.

Amanda said...

I love Paula Deen! I also LOL'd at the ginger bread and the pre teen boys! You are quite the woman in the kitchen! Baking and candy making! Give me savory and I'm your girl but give me sweet and I can fake it but I am not good at it!

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the gingerbread men! That is too funny! I'm from the south, but thank God I don't like making candies and other desserts. That would be sooooo hard to resist.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!