And Folks Dressed Up Like Eskimos...

We've started to dig out!! YAY!!  Believe it or not, I have a road outside of our home!!  And, I finally got out of this house and finished our Christmas shopping!!  Ohhhh I absolutely love, love, love going to Toys 'r Us!!  I think we'll be eating weenies and beenies over the next several days for all the cash I left there tonight - it's a Grammy's dream!  We loaded up the Hubs big red truck - "Santa's Sleigh" with lots of goodies for our GrandAngel - I am sooo excited right now!!  Can you tell??


That was our first stop.  After spending several hours being toy shop crazed Grandparents, we drove the eighty miles back toward home and stopped at the outlets - what an incredible experience that was!  I said it, you heard it here.. "an incredible experience" - at the outlets!  Can you imagine??  Normally this time of year the traffic on the Interstate going toward the outlets is backed up at least a full exit, and shopping at the outlets is insane..   We arrived at the outlets and the parking lot was (get this) EMPTY!  What a lovely evening..  The weather was in the mid twenties, snow was falling, carols were playing, the place was decorated so beautifully with lights, garlands, balls..  Me and the Hubs just window shopped, holding hands, and simply enjoyed the lovely evening.  Yeah, we were a little bundled up, but it was just a nice evening all around...  We stopped for ice cream (sugar free/fat free strawberry for me) and coffee, then after buying a few "little bits of something", drove home.  It really doesn't take much to get me all mooshy inside!

That was pretty much my day today.  I was so thrilled to get out among the living, it is amazing what it does for the soul!  I've been cooped up, going stir crazy in this house watching the snow fall for way too many days!  Starting to feel like a mountain woman waiting for spring thaw!  Don't worry, I've been shaving - so at least I don't LOOK like a mountain woman!!

I hope you had a lovely day today!!

Until next time!!

4 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Amanda said...

What a lovely evening with your husband Lisa. What a joy it must be having a little one around at Christmas. So what kinda toys are popular this year?

Rachel said...

Empty shopping lot parking lot at an outlet mall? Sounds divine! Sounds like you had fun...I'm glad you had a reprieve from the snow...

MandaPanda said...

So glad you were able to get out and about. You certainly sounded like you were going stir crazy

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so glad you were able to dig yourself out of the snow and have an enjoyable day! That ice cream sounds mighty good. :) And it doesn't take a lot to get me all mushy inside too. LOL!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!