| "Damnmation" 150lbs of pure Luuv! He believes he's a lap dog |
O Mercy! It's hot here... In the 90's and so humid.. I have so little energy in this humidity - I feel as though it takes all effort just to do the simple things that need to be done! Which is why nothing has gotten done! Actually, I take that back - I did get a lot done these past few days. But not without huge effort on my part! Yesterday, "Hellfire and Damnation" our two dogs (not their real names, their names have been changed to protect the innocent - but these are names I've given them since this last little fiasco.. Well, it's better than what I called them earlier - "*&#^$#%#@&#;!!!!") Anyway, they decided to co-conspire and together enjoyed a lovely smorgasbord out of our kitchen garbage container yesterday afternoon. Garbage was everywhere!! - which leads to my cleaning the rugs in the dining room... And you can't have nice, clean, rugs in one room and not in the others - so, it turned out to be a summer cleaning project... They're usually good dogs, but just get a little mischievous sometimes..............
| "Hellfire" Her name says it all! |
You see, we live on the "Island of Misfit Toys" - "Damnation" is a mixed breed of German Shorthair and Blue Ticked Coon Hound. Till this day I can't see how his two parents......... well, talk about a mismatch! Anyway, the German Shorthair in him wants so much to hunt and point as a bird dog points - but the Coon Hound in him wants to hunt with his nose.. So, we've got the best chipmunk and racoon pointer in the county! "Hellfire", on the other hand is pure Brittany - papers 'n all! She comes from some of the best bird hunting stock in the world - french royalty have hunted with dogs from her bloodlines... The Hubs takes her out, works with her and she points the birds beautifully - magazing cover beautiful!! Then the gun goes off.... She's gone..... Back to the house.... She is gun shy!! So, add them to an 18 year old blind cat and you have the menagerie that lives in our home!
So, together they decide to spread and roll around in day old spaghetti sauce and coffee grounds! ALL over the tan rugs in our dining room.. You just can't imagine what it, what THEY looked like! And all the while the cat just sits on the stairs all smug like with that blank stare on his puss face that pretty much says to me "Hey Lady, don't look at me, I'm blind remember?!?" So, the rugs get cleaned, the dogs get bathed (I'm sure the cat LOVED that!) and that's a day in the life at this crazy place I call home!
No, I've never felt that "empty nest" syndrome - I still have three "kids" still at home!!
Until next time!



0 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!