Time....

It rained today.  Don't you just love the smell of the fallen leaves when it rains?  There isn't a cozier smell than the wet leaves covering the grass.  Why people feel the need to rake them up to remove them is beyond me.  I enjoyed raking the leaves when the children were younger - just to let them jump in the huge pile of leaves and swim around in them!  After that we would put out the halloween decorations - spiders, webs, tombstones, zombies, you name it, it was in our yard!  There was the year the boys decided to take every one of the Hub's flannel shirts and sweat shirts, stuffed them with leaves to make them look like bodies were crawling out of the graves which the tombstones had marked.  That year we had a population of 15 bodies rising out of tombs in the circle in our front yard!  Needless to say, the Hubs wasn't too thrilled at seeing half of his entire casual wardrobe splayed across the grass like that! He went along with it though - gave him an excuse to buy more Steeler-wear!  I don't "decorate" as much for halloween these days - because I'm the one who has to take that stuff down, and you haven't lived until you've tried to rip those awful spider webs out of 35 trees - especially after they've gotten wet!  I do put a few things out though.  We have a  field across the road which a local farmer rents and grows corn.  Usually I go over there and cut down stalks to put around the property.  I always feel like I'm stealing them though - and usually call him to let him know I'm taking them - neurotic?  You decide...

My friend, Sr. Marian came by after my Grand Angel went home - busy day today.  I love how she puts life and all its intricacies into perspective for me.  She stopped over for dinner before this evenings Scripture Study class, and I was so thrilled that she decided to join us for class!  Anyway, we spent a wonderful couple of hours together before class enjoying some Starbucks and a nice light dinner.  We promised to get together again next month for another "proper tea"!  I think I'll surprise her with some homemade scones to have with our tea....  Now to find a recipe for scones!

In the many topics we discussed during our time together, I mentioned to Sr. Marian my set back and disappointment in the news that the lap band process may take longer than I had originally planned..  Her response?  "Perhaps it is because you need to slow down, see the big picture, plan for and absorb the changes you will ultimately have to make.  Use this time to completely prepare and educate yourself, your husband, your family for the life changes that need to and will occur.  This time should be a time of education, acceptance, preparedness and prayer."  Wow.. She really nailed it there.  When we were together last month, She asked me to compile a list of reasons why I wanted to go through this proceedure. We read through that list and she told me that it was "good" but it wasn't quite enough..  I gave her a list that closely resembled my "Top Ten List".  She suggested that I try to dig a little deeper.  Try to answer the deeper questions; "why" and "for whom" and for that matter "how"... Oh, she's tough!  She suggested that this time of waiting may turn out to be a good time to dig deeper into my list and to grow deeper into my journey..  What an incredible woman she is, and I am blessed that she is such a special part of my life...

Yes, it was a busy day today - but a very good day.  I got to spend time with my Grand Angel, time with Sr. Marian, and time with dear friends enjoying Scripture.  Me and the Hubs even enjoyed some time together tonight over a couple of martinis and Ryder Cup specials on The Golf Channel!  "Time" like this doesn't happen everyday, but when it does, I embrace every blessed second!

   Until next time! 

1 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Alison said...

Sr. Marian sounds like a very wise woman.
Thank you for your comments on my blog, your words made me cry.

Oh, and we're going to win the Ryder cup!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!