Oh my, I am still feeling sleepy from our whirlwind week!! It all started last weekend with a trip across the state to watch our Baby's football game in Kutztown. They lost... He was pretty bummed out about it, but he's young - this too shall pass... We stayed over in Kutztown then drove home to re-pack for our trip to Vegas. Off to the airport, then off to Vegas! I'm beginning to feel like a jet setter at this point! We had a wonderful time in Vegas then flew home to re-pack again for the Hub's Diaconate weekend in Erie. He is in his first year of study to become a Deacon in our Diocese, so we attended classes and formation once a month during the school year. I call it the "Deacon Reserves"... I haven't slept in my own bed for the last 10 days!! And, I think it will take months to get the "hotel smell" out of all the clothes I wore over that time period! Speaking of clothes, I don't even want to think about the mound of laundry that is waiting for me in my laundry room!! When I finish that mound I will begin doing the winter clothes for the college guy! He sent home his summer things - which he thankfully cleaned himself - and I'm going to take him his winter things... It's his gift! A bag full of clean smelling winter clothes! After that, he's on his own...
We had our GrandAngel yesterday and last night! What a way to come home - to see his smiling face and have him wrap his little arms around my neck!! Now THAT'S a welcome home!! Of course I brought him home bags of goodies from everywhere I went and we spent the morning playing with all his new things! He's napping right now - and I think Grammy needs a nap too!
So, the countdown begins.... Friday is the official day of my meeting with the Bariatric Surgeon. Thursday I need to get all the CRAP crap taken care of, then Friday we'll be driving to Erie to meet with Dr. Ali. I'm really anxious to get this show on the road. I am reading all the blogs and have been so encouraged by everyone, now I'm anxious to begin the journey. I know it's just the beginning, but it all has to start with a first step, right??
Well, I need to run errands and take the GrandAngel home... So, with that I will just say.....
....Until next time!
1 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
you are so so close!! It is the beginning but at the same time it isn't because everything has led up to this point! I know that I am so excited (and nervous) at the thought of this time next year!
Such a good mama to do that for your son! Nothing better then laundry done at moms house. I use the same soap and it still doesn't smell or feel the same!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!