
We've got our first taste of autumn today.. I am sure it won't last long though - we're due for several hot days again next week. The leaves are just beginning to turn yellow and fall, and it is cool today - in the 60's. I noticed the leaves yesterday. Just a few... but it's beginning.. The clouds are silver and gray, and feels like a sweater day.. A good day to curl up with a hot Starbucks and read a good book...

I hate being out in the rain. I like the rain, but not being out in it. I'm a sunshine person. Perhaps "hate" is too strong of a word, "dislike" is more like it. The rain isn't too thrilled with me either lately. My joints tighten up when it is cool and rainy.. So I guess you can say the feelings between us are mutual. But I love when the weather becomes cooler and the sky is a palate of silvers and gray. I like hearing the rain on the roof, watching the drops slide down the glass on the windows.. when the drops make tiny circles on the surface of the pond, and the smell - ohhhh the smell after a good rain is better than anything that is bottled.. All my windows are open wide right now - the house is FREEZING, and it smells great! I'll just put on my golf slippers, dig out a warm sweater and enjoy the smell for awhile....
Hannibal (CRAP) Update!! (
cue to organ music)
The Scene: It is the middle of the night, the house is dark and still.. all that could be heard through the house is the soft droning tune of Hannibal humming in the background.... The Hubs gets up for a drink of water, and shakes me awake! Can you imagine?? He scared the bajeezus out of me!! It seemed that Hannibal sought this night to strike his revenge, and his revenge was
ALMOST brilliantly executed - his devious plan was foiled at the last moment by my Knight in Shining Armour.... He's onto me!
How did he find out about my plotting his demise?? Sometime during the night, while I was at my most vulnerable, I had somehow gotten the tube from the mask wrapped around my throat!! He attempted to strangle me in my sleep!! I will have to be more cautious with this one.. He's a crafty one.. (
dramatic organ music fades as we ride into the sunset....)
Enjoy your weekend!!
...Until next time
1 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
it is 57.8 here this morning! Fall is in the air and I love it! Although like you it'll be hot here next week!I have all the doors open listening to the birds and enjoying a cup of coffee! Oh to have a starbucks!!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!