Well I've had my first visit with the Bariatric Surgeon yesterday. It went quite well.. The staff were all very professional, courteous, smiling, and get this - NICE!! After so many years of dealing with "Ernestine" at the Rheumatologist office I was at a loss.. Stunned actually... Oh Yes Virginia, Physicians Staff CAN be polite, professional, kind, courteous and NICE! The appointment went well. I had no wait, and went right into the examining room. After all the preliminary stuff.. height, weight, measurements, yadda, yadda.. Me and the Hubs met Dr. Ali. He took considerable time with us to explain the various procedures, what to expect, what pre-surgery and post surgery would be like, and he let us play with the little lap band he had for demonstration ! Like a child, I sat there for a time filling and unfilling this thing! It's a good tension reliever watching those little bubble things expand and contract! He told me he thought I would be a very good candidate for the procedure, then dropped the bombshell.. I will have to do the six months of Physician supervised weight loss....... Six months. After all this research, learning, talking, reading and exploring, I come to learn that it won't happen for at least six months.. The floor dropped out from under me.. Up to that point I was euphoric with expectation. The staff, the Dr - it was "
happening"! I left the appointment feeling as though my puppy just ran away from home - I wanted it to happen NOW.. Well, perhaps not "
now", but you get the gist of it...
I'll take the weekend and just digest it all..
(sorry about that, I couldn't help it!) I am sure the questions in my head are going to be swirling and swirling all over again. But, the good thing is that I'm on way to watch my Baby play their first home game. I'll put this lap band stuff aside for now and just enjoy the festivities!
So, with that I'm going to don my green and white, get out my pom and my cow bell and cheer until my throat is raw! Have a wonderful Saturday!
Until next time!
1 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
I'm sorry you didn't receive the news you were hoping for. I'm sure these 6 months will move right along and you will be banded before you know it! :)
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!