I'm in a funk today.. I know the reason, and I know I'm blowing everything out of proportion, but I'm miserable none-the-less. I enjoyed a very lovely evening and day with my GrandAngel - he is the joy of life itself! A true miracle! We had breakfast and lunch together, we "talked", read books, went outside, watched "Wonder Pets" and "Yo Gabba-Gabba" (his favorite) together, and just had a grand time!! The trouble started while I was taking him home.. I guess am being a little dramatic here.. it wasn't "trouble" - how about HUGE "annoyance"..
First I called the Bariatric Center about tonights Support Group Meeting. I was told that I am not officially registered for tonights meeting because I haven't had my initial visit with the surgeon yet.. I "could" attend if I wished to attend, but it is "better" they say "to have met the Dr and get those things lined up properly.. " Siggghhhh, OK - So, me and my trusty notebook are dressed up with nowhere to go. No sooner did I hang up with the Bariatric Center, my pharmacy called me - I was actually on my way to the pharmacy when they called. They were calling to let me know that they have not yet received my refill order for the standing prescriptions I need to take for my RA - which is now over due... Hmmmmmm... wondering "WHY???????" Their advice, "call the Dr..." When they say "Call the Dr" it's NEVER a good thing....... Sighhhhhhh.....The dread is building here.. Calling my Rheumatologist's office is as painful as having your eyes plucked out with eyebrow tweezers! I love my Rheumatologist, but the hospital she's affiliated with has the most miserable, cantankerous, bitchy, wicked witch of the north, horrid excuses of "professional" women I have EVER seen work behind a desk... Siggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I once brought this to the attention of Dr Y, my Rheumatologist, but she told me that unfortunately she isn't the one who put them there, the hospital has placed them, and since they're a part of the research, teaching aspect of the hospital their office is staffed with hospital employees... Sooo, I proceed to the next level of this mystery - the mystery of WHY AREN'T MY DRUGS HERE - WHERE I LIVE - WHEN I NEED THEM?????? I call the office and a woman whose voice sounds eerily like Lily Tomlin as Ernestine (One ringy dingy.. two ringy dingy...) answers the phone... "May I help You??" I am half expecting her to ask "Is this the party to whom I am speaking?" So I proceed to tell her my dilemma.. Now I'm on hold.... First I am hearing that snappy music that is always played while you're on hold... Then I hear about all the "latest techniques and treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis..." So where are my $%$# - ing DRUGS????? I yell into the phone! Yes, I confess, I swore during those excruciating little infomercials, forgive me.... Ernestine gets back on the phone and proceeds to explain to me that I have not been into the office since February and that my prescriptions will NOT be refilled until I make an appointment.. WHAT?????? So I calmly explain to her that I would love to schedule an appointment for a date in late September, early October (the trip to Vegas, remember?) She said she will have my prescriptions then - when I come in... I ask to speak with my Rheumatologist.. "She is currently unavailable".. When will she be "available?" "One day next week..." Silence.............. At this point I told her I would call back tomorrow.
Some way, Some how, it all came crashing in on me.. This RA stuff, CRAP, Primary Care Physicians, LAP Band, blood tests, seminars, the fact that I'm FAT, - ALL of it - every last pound of it... And I just sat in my car in front of the pharmacy and teared up... So, I did what any depressed woman would do in a situation like this, I went to the mall. I drove to the mall with tears streaming down my cheeks and got a manicure and bought a few things that I needed for the trip to Vegas. The Hubs made us dinner tonight, and double martini's - God Bless his soul, he always knows when things just aren't going well with me... I guess after almost 30 years together, he's learned how to interpret the language of my "nothings wrong..." kinda moods.. I guess I could blame it on hormones... Uhhhh.. well, I can't. But, I'm in a mood today that's my story - and I am sticking to it! I guess I'll call everyone tomorrow and get things all sorted out before we leave for our trip. It will work out, as the Hubs says...
So, it was a chicken soup, chick wrap and double martini kind of night.. I did get my nails done though, and that's always a good thing....
Until next time!




2 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:
You poor dear! What a headache! I have totally screamed bad words into the phone while on hold many-a time!!
I hope my breakdown was last week. But i bet I have another during this lap band journey. Chin up. Double martinis though make MOST things better! YOu better believe I will sip a martini or two for you when I am in NY.
:( I am so sorry to hear of your bad too. I've had some issues with the ladies in my Dr's office before, so I can totally relate. I often wander how these types of people stay employed when most healthcare institutions are all about "customer service". grrr. Sometimes I feel so much better after a cry; hopefully today you are more relaxed and will have much brighter day and everything will come together smoothly. When is your trip to Vegas?
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!!