Happy Labor Day - Part 2

What a lovely time we had golfing!  The weather was cool - a bit chilly actually!  I golfed dreadfully, and I loved every second of it too!  I was a little tight today - just as I thought I would be - but after a few snap, crackle, and pops, I was ready to roll!  Couldn't putt though....  The greens were as dry and hard as a sidewalk and I just couldn't get the feel of them today - Oh well, there's always next time!  I got some exercise today.. I tried walking as much as I could on the course. It felt good, but I pooped out at about the 15th hole and finished the round in the cart.. I scrambled though and shot 2 less on the back nine than I did on the front. Either way, it was wonderful being out and just moving today! I needed that!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!!  We sure did!  Our friend J spent the day making homemade sauce out of our homegrown tomatoes!  What a lovely surprise that was!  To come home from golf and find dinner prepared, the wine breathing and a friend with martinis in hand waiting for us!!  Oh mercy!  What did I ever do to deserve that!!  It was soooo nice to just relax and talk about deep things... and not so deep..............  Yeah, we can be as shallow as the rest of them!

Now that Labor Day is past us, it's time for Autumn to come.  I put my white and pink purse away - (yes, I had a white and pink purse, what of it???  It was a Kathy Bag!) and got out the really cool brown one I recently bought ( I won't give up my white flip-flops though - not until it SNOWS!) - It's a Mom thing..  My Mother was always very particular and precise about these sorts of things..  White purse, belts and shoes go away now until Memorial Day..  It's funny how these things stick with me.  White purses, and purses on the floor..  Oh, you've never heard about purses on the floor??  I could write an entire blog about my "Motherisms"..  Never put a purse on the floor - "A purse on the floor is ALWAYS empty!"..  If you want money in your purse, do NOT put it on the floor!  Perhaps instead of writing an entire blog of "Motherisms", I think I shall pass along her "pearls of wisdom" as the situation warrants..  You're going to get them as I did - so brace yourself!  Speaking of "Motherisms", I told you that I am hearing her voice from the great beyond telling me how "seedy" I've been looking lately - that I need a haircut!  Well, Gina is coming for "lunch and a cut" tomorrow afternoon - Should be fun!!  It's my turn to do the lunch thing, and I'm still not sure what to make..  I'll come up with something...  I'm looking forward to it though!  After Gina is through shearing all my wild and crazy hair off, I am getting my GrandAngel!  How is THAT for a terrific afternoon?!?!

So, with that I shall say good night - I'm going to need ALL the rest I can get before my GrandAngel comes!!
Until next time!!

1 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

Alison said...

Just wanted to thank you for your kind comments on my blog, your message really meant a lot.
I've read through your blog and feel like I know you now! Your Grandson is so so cute, the picture of him sleeping made me want to cry too!
Must be my hormones!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!