When the Time Comes...



First, I would like to take the time to thank each and every one of you for your wonderful comments of encouragement and celebration these past few days - have I told you that you ARE the very best - And that means you too, Kelly!!
Ok, so my "friends" on the little panel over there on the right (--->) isn't showing up...  I'd like to welcome all the newcomers to this blog!!  Thank you for taking the time to follow and actually read this stuff!!  Ninety one followers of this blog - can you believe it??  I can't..  It truly amazes me...  truly!  And, I thank YOU!

"When the time comes..."   I read this kind of post on another blog-sister's site, and I can not for the life of me remember whose site it was - Shady Pines Retirement Home, here I come.... I can't even remember what I did ten minutes ago... I ask that you please forgive me for not giving credit where credit is due. If it is an idea from your site, please let me know so that I can give proper credit to you for the idea! Anyway, this idea has stuck with me for quite awhile, and I've been formulating this list in my head for what seems like forever.. I've decided to put my take on this idea and put my ponderings into words... The list is in random order - random. "Random order" - the way this old brain of mine has been working these days! Thank you to whomever put this idea into my head, you've given me lots to ponder for a long time...


When The Time Comes..

  • I will climb that 20 foot sand dune at the beach that leads me and my GrandAngel to the beauty of the ocean without sounding and looking like someone in immediate need of paramedic care.
  • I will out-drive the Hubs on the golf course - without my "robust" tummy getting in the way!
  • I will take Hannibal (CRAP mask) along with all his elements of freakish torture and finally toss him out into the pond once and for all!! "Damn you! Swim with the fishes, Hannibal...."
  • I will learn to enjoy my food, and not let it rule me. I will taste it, savor it, and appreciate it for all it is worth. Food will have no power over me. I will choose to not abuse, but embrace the blessing that has been laid out before me and treat it as such.  As a gift...
  • I will learn to give thanks and to fully participate in the beauty that is movement of the human body - my body. I will embrace its endurance and appreciate its limitations. For too long I've taken for granted all that my body can do and have felt sorry for and gave up because of my limitations as well.
  • I will set basic and realistic goals for myself. In the past I've set goals for myself that have been too lofty, unrealistic, and pretty much unattainable - ultimately leading me to failure.
  • I will NOT look at myself differently than I would anyone else. I see beauty in those who surround me, beauty that is both inside and out - I will see the beauty that is in me - without nit-picking and tearing apart my every last flaw..
  • I will always keep close to my heart the knowledge that sometimes in life we are blessed with a "second chance". Having the opportunity to be banded is my second chance. I am blessed and I am truly thankful. I will come back to this knowledge especially during those times when things seem tough or goals seem endless and unattainable, remembering that others in my life who are no longer with me for one reason or other weren't given a second chance.
  • I will run. I will dance. I will sing - OK, maybe running is a bit much and may or may not be in my future, but I will take everything as it comes. Come hell or high water though, I will dance, golf, ski and uhm..... (you get where I'm going here) with the Hubs, thoroughly enjoying the next thirty years of our life together!
  • I will learn that there are other areas in the department store other than the (hush, hush) "plus sized" section hidden way in the back where no one can see. I will learn to once again enjoy shopping for clothing - and SHOES especially. shopaholic's anonymous, anyone?? For too long I really didn't care - I hated shopping for myself - everything looks like a tent on me and I'm tired of being "draped". Why do you think I've been so enamoured with accessories?? Somethings gotta make the tents look better! And believe me, there are very few shoes in a size eleven that are worth giving a second look..
  • I will require less medication for my ailments. No, this isn't a BMWC* post, I do have more ailments than I should at my age - it is time to take better care of myself. I AM worth it! (*b&ch, moan, whine and complain)
  • I will remember that the mother of all goals to me is to be a healthier me.  Whether that means a twenty pound loss or a one hundred pound loss.  Take it and rejoice in it! (refer back to "running, dancing and singing!")
  • I will remember that life is a journey - a marathon, not a sprint, embrace each moment and greedily inhale all it has to offer.  Whatever happens will happen in its time, I just need to give it - my life - the very best that I can in return. 
                            And that all these things will happen...
 "...when the time comes"

I've often referred back to this compilation of "I will's" throughout this leap into The Rest of my Life.  Thoughts that I needed to reconcile, trust and to believe in.  I wrote a post a while ago (here) about meeting up with a beautiful spiritual director and friend, Sr. Marian.  She gave me much food for thought and pretty much dug into my brain and drove me to begin formulating this list of reasons why I wanted to pursue weight loss surgery.  Good, honest reasons and not the original "fluff" I gave her off the top of my head..  So, this is what has been floating aimlessly in my head these past twelve months..


 I hope you're having a terrific weekend!!

Until Next Time!
Photobucket

7 * Your Comments Make My Day Brighter!:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Beautiful post! Loved this.

Jessica said...

Shoot for the moon!!! I, too, had half-hearted dreams of running when I was banded a year ago. I watched young girls jogging around the track and running the bleachers. Well, guess what? I tried it, and I DID it (and I LOVE it!!)!!!! You will be able to also!!!

Rhonda said...

This is beautiful, my friend. I think I might have to write my own list like this. :)

16 more days!!

Alison said...

Your list is fantastic, I know that you'll do each and everything on it.
I'm so excited for you!

Rachel said...

You have been mentally preparing yourself for this journey and this is setting the framework for your success...I'm so happy for you.

MandaPanda said...

What a wonderful post! Keep this one bookmarked so you can look back on it often to remind yourself (when that scale won't budge - and there will come a time when it won't) why you went through all this in the first place. Just gotta say it again, I'm so happy for you.

Lap Band Groupie said...

I'm SO, SOooo happy for you my friend!!! What a great list too!

Just a few short weeks for the new start, and more importantly, a chance to help improve your health (I still can't believe how much it's changed mine).

Happy dancing for you here! ((hugs))

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!